VT Replaces "Trophy Case of Hubris"

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/virginia-tech-s-empty-national-title-trophy-case-has-been-replaced-by-a-hokie-statue--photo-154836251.html

This actually concerns me. VT's new AD doesn't act like a brainwashed automaton, and seems capable of rational thought. This bodes very well for VT.

I can see the exchange now:

WB: "What the Hell is this?"

VT: "This is our national championship trophy case, sir."

WB: "But you haven't won one."

VT: "Correct, sir."

WB: "This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life."

VT: "But it makes our commitment to win a title more apparent."

WB: "No. What it makes you is a f***ing laughingstock. Remove this thing NOW."

VT: "Yes, boss."

You are really setting yourself up to look foolish by building a National Championship Trophy Case for a trophy you haven't earned yet. If the new AD was the one who made the desicion to have the case removed then that is a good sign for Tech's future. More changes are needed though if Tech hopes to win a National Championship. I think Beamer and his staff has taken Tech as far as they can. Tech will not win a National Chmapionship with the current coaching staff.

On the other hand I do think Beamer should be respected for building such a solid program and I hope Tech will let him leave on his terms unlike Bowden and Fla. St.

I think Beamer and his staff has taken Tech as far as they can. Tech will not win a National Chmapionship with the current coaching staff.

You do realize that VT has had a significant overhaul of its offensive staff, right???

Yes I am aware that VT's staff has brought on some new coaches the past year or so but it hasn't made much of a difference yet and you still have several guys on staff that have been their for awhile like Wiles, Gray, Foster, and Stinespring. Even with the new additions on staff it won't be enough to get them a National Championship. If it will make you feel better I will revise my earlier statement. Even in light of all the success Frank Beamer has brought the Tech football program, VT will not win a National Championship with him as their head coach.