Union vs. Lee - Battle for the Bucket 2014

Generalsfan5487

Since the last thread got a little sidetracked. Thoughts and predictions on this game? First time in over a decade I assume that Lee has been undefeated this far into the season. I think that with the momentum they have built up, they are gonna bring one hell of a game to bullit park. I'm gonna say Lee 35 Union 21 But as anyone who has followed this series it always comes down to the wire. Hurry up Friday!

I just hope Lee shows up prepared for a fight. The last two games we just haven't performed like the first three games. Defense was sloppy, seems like they came in over confident and expected an easy win, and didn't expect to actually have to try. Hopefully they get their heads on straight this week down in Ben hur. Because come Friday they are gonna have to prove that 5-0 record ain't just a fluke. Time to nut up or shut up!

From the wording of the topic am I correct to assume this game is at Lee? This will be one of the many games Richlands fans will be very interested in the outcome. Lee has got everybody's attention now and I will be very interested to see how they perform against some very good athletes on the Union team. The winner of this game will be positioning themselves very well in the standings.

With all that said it should be another great game to be played this Friday Night. I love the fact that there are so many teams still in the mix this late in the year. Even though its barely half way....we normally see just a couple of teams that truly have a chance. Not this year! 

Good Luck to both teams and may the better team win!  

From the wording of the topic am I correct to assume this game is at Lee? This will be one of the many games Richlands fans will be very interested in the outcome. Lee has got everybody's attention now and I will be very interested to see how they perform against some very good athletes on the Union team. The winner of this game will be positioning themselves very well in the standings.

With all that said it should be another great game to be played this Friday Night. I love the fact that there are so many teams still in the mix this late in the year. Even though its barely half way....we normally see just a couple of teams that truly have a chance. Not this year!

Good Luck to both teams and may the better team win!

No the game is being played at Bullitt park. And I'm surprised that people are just now talking about Lee. We haven't been contenders in a long time but we are taking a major step in the right direction. Excited to see how this goes

People haven't said a lot because they don't know much, one they've not seen them or kept up much, and two being Lee's schedule.  So far the season has been basically like last year, with North and Grayson being much worse this year so the different outcomes there, BUT that can change this week and next week.  IF Lee can deliver against Union and at least play GC close or so, then you'll see more talk about Lee being in contention.  This is Lee's best shot in some time, it is a crucial step for the program and also for the current staff.

The game will be played at Bullitt Park in Big Stone Gap.  I give a slight advantage to Union in this contest.  The Bears have had more quality opponents than Lee and that rehearsal/practice against good teams will certainly help.  I think Union will be the best team that Lee has faced so far this season.  Like so many local teams this year, injuries have been a big factor in the matchups.  Although Gate City won easily when they played Union, the Bears played most of that game without 4 of their starting offensive linemen.  All but one of those will be back for the Lee game.  I think it may be a fairly high scoring game - my prediction is Union 30 and Lee 27.

Refs were bad to say the least. Lee is a great team and wow can #40 run. No disrespect Generalsfan or any Union fans but if either of these two teams had a good defense they would truely be hard to beat. Great game enjoyed every second of it. Good luck the rest of the season Generals.

They did. I saw the clearest version of the final play and you could definitely see the ball bounce off the ground and what appeared to show either a general kick it with his feet and the union receiver pick it back up or after it bounced he grabbed it. Hard to see that part.

Hate all the controversy as it was a good game but it is what it is. There were two officials, and both called it a TD. Sucks it had to end that way. In the best interest of both teams please prepare for the next game and maybe they will get to play in the playoffs and settle it. Myself I could watch a good game like that every Friday night.

Whether you want to believe the ball was caught or not, the fact is the ref was looking right at it and called it a TD. Not saying these refs were very good because that same one killed a Union drive earlier in the quarter on a no call when the Lee CB tackled a Union WR way before the pass was anywhere close to them. The one on the other sideline killed a Union drive before the half on a no call when a Lee CB grabbed a Union WRs jersey and held on as he tried to come out of his break on a pass. I was on the 30 in the stands and it was blatant..the ref was 10 feet away and didn't call it. It was bad all night long, and maybe Lee did get the last bad call go against them...maybe not. But they did get an awful call go their way two plays earlier on a play that was a clear TD catch. If I was a Lee fan, I'd be more concerned as to why my team had a 3rd and 1 from the Bear 5 and couldn't convert then or on 4th down...or I'd be concerned as to why my team couldn't stop Union as they drove the ball 60 yards in the last 2 minutes of the game to set up the last 3 plays that everyone is bitching about. Bottom line is that the refs screwed both teams ALL NIGHT and screwed 'em both in the last 7 seconds of the game. Any way you slice it, Union caught at least one pass in the end zone in the last 7 seconds and one of the calls went against them and one went for them. Like it or not, it's a Union win.