CONGRATS HAYSI

cwood78

in an eariler post, i said i wasn't sold on the tigers....well i am now..... down 28-21, it was gut check time......showed alot of pride to come back and win......the 2pt conversion, was what sealed the deal for me...colley knew that if they tied it up, and went to ot.....#20 was going to be nearly unstoppable...so hats off,   for the guttsy call......

Personal foul targeting call total BS. It's 4th and 15 if the ref doesn't blow that call. Yes Haysi did what they had to do after that. Heck of a call to go for two and the win. If these teams played each other ten times it would prob come out 5 wins for each. BAD call gives Haysi the edge in this one

Personal foul targeting call total BS. It's 4th and 15 if the ref doesn't blow that call. Yes Haysi did what they had to do after that. Heck of a call to go for two and the win. If these teams played each other ten times it would prob come out 5 wins for each. BAD call gives Haysi the edge in this one

i'm sure the galax kid didn't mean to hit him that way, it was just the angle he was catching the ball, and the way he happened to be hit... just my opinion...

That one did. Hey sometimes it takes a little luck and a little help from the refs. Good luck next week!

ah it is what it is,,,,heck on va preps, the way they are talking, you'd think refs was from  dickenson county lol.....

Haysi people around me even said it was a bad call. There was no angle.. Clean hit to the chest... No helmet involved. I'm not biased here...didn't have a dog in the fight.

well, everyones got their opinion, the  kids head snapped back, clean hit or not...it was called... i'm not biased here either....

Haysi people around me even said it was a bad call. There was no angle.. Clean hit to the chest... No helmet involved. I'm not biased here...didn't have a dog in the fight.

The kids head snapped back because he got hit clean. Yes it was called. Watch the tape. Bad call by the same ref that threw a pass interference flag from across the field when the two refs right on the play saw nothing.

The kids head snapped back because he got hit clean. Yes it was called. Watch the tape. Bad call by the same ref that threw a pass interference flag from across the field when the two refs right on the play saw nothing.

the 20 yard flag across the field, yep that i agree....

the 20 yard flag across the field, yep that i agree....

anyway, if it had been 4th and  forever, colley woulda went for it, sykes was gettin them with the pass,, and who knows........betcha they woulda had 1st and 10...just saying

on the targeting hit. It was a 2 forearm shot to the head. Wasnt dirty, wasnt meant to be a shot to the head but thats what it was. Legit call. 

The refs didnt decide the game. If those 2 teams played 10 times I say they split 5-5. Galax is a great football team. Through determination, pride and some sand Haysi escaped with the win. 

Potentially the last play in the programs history, EVERYTHING on the line and Colley goes for 2 and gets it. Great execution by the players. Truthfully, if the game would have went to overtime Haysi wouldnt have been able to stop the Galax ground game. Personally I think their Offense was better this year than last. Their OL was INCREDIBLE! Dixon is a freat back but on a lot of those runs he didnt get touched by more than a hand for the first 10 yards

This was the best football game ive ever seen!

First off the targeting call was not only legit, it was one of the easiest calls of the game.  Two different officials threw their flags immediately.  It was clearly a shot to the head with the forearm...flag was thrown as it should have been, no question about it.

And yes Yates #34 was playing with the flu.  Vomited throughout the game because of the high fever.  Hope he gets some fluids in him and gets well.  Was a gutsy performance by him and he obviously wasn't at his best...also was a huge gutsy call by Colley to go for 2.  Big time win.

hind sights 20 20,but if the 2pt had of failed ,would colley have lost any respect from fans at haysi? I personally would not think so,although you might have a few that would say what a idiot play call.he is a legend in at haysi ..

I dont think so. Our Defense couldnt stop the Galax running game, if the game would have went to OT Galax would have eventually won imo.

If that 2pt conversion pass was incomplete or intercepted I think it would have been a fitting way to end the Haysi program, putting it all on the line. Thats really the Haysi style; balls to the wall and take your shots. Were underdogs, weve got nothing to lose.

12 penalties on galax, 3 on haysi including the pass interference call from the orher side of the field by the same ref who threw the targeting flag. Two refs on top of the play saw nothing. Water under the bridge now. Definitely a Great football game!