Weekend snowstorm, anyone???

GMan

Nearly every computer model suggests the potential for a major storm through the mid-Atlantic with some ocassionally suggesting a good hit through this area.  Nearly all, except the GFS model (the good ole American made) continues to struggle with mid-range projections.  Looks like there may be another storm threat or two heading through Christmas and New Year's. 

The Euro model has been the most consistent recently, and that one gives us a pretty good one. Still has a few days to wobble back and forth. Normally i want to see it snow butthole deep to an ostrich, but ive got nearly all of my immediate family coming in towards late weekend for Christmas to spend with my grandfather since its probably going to be his last. This will be one storm ill root against lol. Though its beginning to look impressive.

I'm guessing, far SWVA will see little to no snow.  Counties along I-81 and the VA/WV border (north/west and east/south from about Smyth Co--->North) and I-77 (north of Fancy Gap/south of Beckley) will see up to 6" or so.  Higher ridgetops along the Blue Ridge could see up to double digits in inches.