ACC Bans Karl Hess

+999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999

A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now, if they would just ban some of their $hitty football officials....

Impossible for a R in college of NFL when they give you a mic to announce whats the penalty is/explain a review.  Cherry is a good football official.

You must be a relative.

I've never, ever heard any fan of college football say "Cherry is a good football official".

Nope, its just that R's are kind of like QBs.  They get more blame than they should when most calls are made by your other 6-7 officials (depending on conference).  When I have watched games he has done it just doesnt stand out to me as, Wow look at how bad Ron Cherry is. 

Officiating is looked weak in many conferences quite a few times the last few years.  I hate to see calls missed but what I watch (and to be honest I probably watched less this year than previous years) the ACC doesnt look as bad to me as PAC12 officiating and some Big 12 officiating I have seen.  The SEC has a lot of people who knock their officiating as well.  I almost wonder at times if the game is just moving so much faster that its becoming harder to officiate no matter who is out there.  How many times do people complain about NFL officiating? They should have the best of the best.  

I don't have the figures currently but I believe in the not too distant past that the ACC did pay probably the least of the current Power 5 conferences or close to it.  I may be mistaken and/or that may have changed though in recent years.

Impossible for a R in college of NFL when they give you a mic to announce whats the penalty is/explain a review.  Cherry is a good football official.

I'm almost positive he was on the crew that literally missed a UVA field goal going through uprights in Chapel Hell in 2007.

And he compounded that idiocy by allowing an illegal review (at that time, not now) to save his bacon.

Since we won that game by 2, pretty important mistake.

At least, I'm pretty positive it was him.

Youtubed what I could find of that play since I couldn't find an article mentioning the refs.  The R appears to be a white guy so it must have been someone else.  I believe Ron Cherry was an R at that time also in the ACC mostly because that was around the same year as he done the "Giving him the business" call against NC State.