Va High vs Union

chubzfan

I agree with you about the competition. But what do you do? I would love to see them play tougher competition but you have to pay who is scheduled. In case someone didn't know 1a west is LOADED!!!! Radford Honaker George Wythe Eastside Galax Haysi all have very good teams. It will be exciting to see who survives the region tournament.

I agree-you can only play who is put in front of you.  It's impressive that they have remained focused and blown everyone out (other than one game at Grundy).  I think Haysi is a step below the teams you mentioned-they have some talent, but no depth and really only one ballhandler will hurt them against good teams.

This is my opinion on things. Honaker lives and dies by there full court press.

This will be a big problem for Honaker. The press is successful against the slower teams in SWVA but Radford and Altavista are way too athletic to be bothered by a press. If Honaker's game plan is to speed up the tempo against either of those teams they will lose by 20 plus. Honaker should use their height as an advantage and try to dominate in the half court as they advance in the post season. Another disadvantage is their weak schedule. I don't see them making it to the final 4 this year.

This will be a big problem for Honaker. The press is successful against the slower teams in SWVA but Radford and Altavista are way too athletic to be bothered by a press. If Honaker's game plan is to speed up the tempo against either of those teams they will lose by 20 plus. Honaker should use their height as an advantage and try to dominate in the half court as they advance in the post season. Another disadvantage is their weak schedule. I don't see them making it to the final 4 this year.

Having seen quite a bit of Honaker, I can say that if they have to depend on half court execution to win a game...it will not be a good outcome for them.

Completely agree weather it is a good move against those two teams it's the only move they have.

Which is crazy, because if any team should be able to grind it out it should be a team with two skilled big men.  Lebanon had the same problem last year when they had Robinette-they were a run and gun team and couldn't figure out how to play in the halfcourt.