Cool little article

I guess that most of you know that I go to SWCC. The music program there has placed kids in high level, prestigious music programs allover the east coast since Dr. Trivette arrived. But this year, he managed to get 4 of us into major universities. He's never had 4 go on to large schools at the same time. So the college wanted to do an article on the "fab four" as we jokingly call ourselves in private lol.

Here's the link:

http://sw.edu/music/#excellence

Note: transferring to a school if music is much harder than many degree options. Not only do we have to have the grades to transfer into the institution, but we also have to go in front of a panel of judges (I had 5 at my App. State audition and 7 at my VT one plus a camera to record us) and play a solo piece by ourselves as well as be interviewed. It's extremely stressful and also rather difficult to secure a limited spot. (My trombone studio will have 18 of us at VT. I will be one of just 18 trombone slots that were given. I auditioned against at least 8 others, to give you an idea of how competitive it is).