PH @ Rural Retreat

cowboys#1fan

Just like I said last week about the Tazewell game, RR will come at you with that veer, and run it down your throat over and over again, then hit you with the air attack when your tired. Best chance PH will have is to keep the ball every possession if possible. RR may start slow, but they always finish strong. This game means a lot because of points in A1West for the winner. If I am PH, I would ride Humphrey as much as possible. In other words, It will come down to line play, and which team has the ball last and make the fewest mistakes.

Well the undefeated season for the rebels comes to an end. Rural Retreat is the first district game of the season, which means the "mighty" rebels face competition. The past four games have been against AWFUL teams. Barely even varsity talent. Rural Retreat beats the rebels by 14. That is being optimistic for the rebels.

The Rebels are for real.  The running back is the best I've seen play high school football and believe the qb for us is the best in the district.  He can run it and throw it.  Big weapon outside with the Buchanan kid.  Our defense is playing good too. I think this will be a good game Friday but don't be shocked if you see the Rebels on top.  Go Rebels!

It is very clear that these two teams don't like each other. I remember back in the 80's when Rhea was head coach at RR. The score would get out of hand, with RR leading, and some fist starting flying. We certainly do not want that to happen friday, so lets remember its just a game. I expect an emotional game, with it going down to the wire. If P H can contain the line of scrimmage and let Humphrey do his thing, PH just might pull it out. For this to happen, four players on PH defense will have to have to play hard; both D tackles and the two D middle LB's by penetrating that line and forcing the RR QB into some mistakes.Pressure on the QB all night, other wise RR wins.

Well the undefeated season for the rebels comes to an end. Rural Retreat is the first district game of the season, which means the "mighty" rebels face competition. The past four games have been against AWFUL teams. Barely even varsity talent. Rural Retreat beats the rebels by 14. That is being optimistic for the rebels.

I guess RR didn't lose to Bland either.  

We have a very good running back, a good running QB and a decent line. We have to do what we do well and that is Run the ball. If we are forced to pass a lot then we could be in trouble. We do ok throwing the ball when we want to but not when we have to. Defensively we don't have the big hitters that we had last year but they are aggressive. The small noseguard is very tough and quick and the ends are really good. We cant let their backs get to the secondary. If we play our game and we tackle well defensively, we should be ok.