Rumors on re-districting/conference

Tigers_07

I think it is more an issue with some of the post season conferences and the VHSL losing money out east

Sounds like there is a push to revive the Regions for the post season.

I have not seen any proposals yet so not really sure how that plan would be put into place

We discussed this a little several weeks ago.

Personally I enjoy the match ups of unfamiliar teams but I do miss having a local champion and a good chance of seeing really good teams meet up in the playoffs. The expenditures under the current system are much greater than in the previous system.

I do find it funny that the East teams think they are so burdened by travel, they have no idea

I can think of a few Hogo teams that would be good fits in the BDD since they are already in the conference with the BDD teams.

I can not think of a Mountain team that would be a good fit in the BDD. The size difference is too great. I can think of a SWD team that could benefit from a move to the BDD

Lets get the rumor mill turning!

Wow! took them this long to realize travel from GC to Buckingham or vice versa is more expensive than the old region system. I have never been much of a fan of the VH$L although someone has to run things ( I'll leave it at that). The things most don't stop to think about is it is every sport, not just the higher profile ones. It does take an incredible amount of money to travel so far in all sports. GC volleyball had to go to Dan River for what previously would have been the region. Which may have been VaHigh, Clintwood, Graham etc.. The fact is now you don't see some of the teams travel as well because most can't afford to go that far in the middle of the week for Volleyball or basketball, and turn around in 5 days and go to Richmond for the semis/finals if you win. At least a lot of folks I have talked to can't, much less get off from work enough to do it.