TACKLING...

GMan

Only things that stands out to me are they don't emphasize the tackler getting his head across and they aim to hit so low that the ball carrier can always fall forward if tackled one on one.

I think thats probably offset by never missing a tackle and gang tackling. #1 defender stop the play from advancing more than 1-2 yards, #s 2,3,4 prevent the 1-2 extra yards and strip the ball. 

Guys I am sure teams in the area has changed to this style. The concussion protocol has changed the game as has the amount of live contact per week of 90 minutes. Coaches have to learn how t teach the game while maintaining safety. There has been bills sent forth in Va congress to eliminate kickoffs but was voted down. also there was a bill that allowed 2 days of hitting in the preseason then when the season started only one day. Enjoy football today cause in 5 years the game will not be what it was back in the day! (70's & 80's)

Guys I am sure teams in the area has changed to this style. The concussion protocol has changed the game as has the amount of live contact per week of 90 minutes. Coaches have to learn how t teach the game while maintaining safety. There has been bills sent forth in Va congress to eliminate kickoffs but was voted down. also there was a bill that allowed 2 days of hitting in the preseason then when the season started only one day. Enjoy football today cause in 5 years the game will not be what it was back in the day! (70's & 80's)

Yeah, this whole tackling theory came out of the rugby leagues where guys play with no helmets but don't have near the same amount of injury problems

Enjoy football today cause in 5 years the game will not be what it was back in the day! (70's & 80's)

We've been saying this for 20 years.

So long as football remains the only way out of the ghettos and slums for a large part of black America, and so long as preppy kids' parents have money to throw at individual tutors, football will be just fine.