ratings tweaked, cheat sheets updated & tightened

VHSLhelper

Without getting into other teams and outcomes, a Radford win and a Honaker loss would drop Honaker below Radford but they would still be 4th with a Galax win, who would move to 3rd.  Rural Retreat could really make a move with a win over George Wythe!

RCH, look at the 1A West Tightened spreadsheet within the link provided above.  The W & L figures on the far left will tell you how many points each school will have if they win or lose without rider points.  The poss. column is how many rider points they could possibly get. 

As I see it, if Galax wins, they leap Radford regardless of Radford's outcome and rider points.  If Honaker wins, they remain ahead of Galax and Radford, if they lose, they likely drop behind both based on riders.  

As for how Galax can leapfrog Radford, common opponents Glenvar, Giles, Fort Chiswell and George Wythe are a push in rider points given similar outcomes.  Radford would earn 1 more point for every GW win than Galax.  Radford has Craig (1-9), Floyd (2-7) and East Mont (0-9) feeding them rider points.  Galax has Bland (6-3), Narrows (5-4) and Graham (4-5).  Graham is 2A and has played a much tougher schedule than the rest so that is a benefit to Galax as well.  Galax will get a sizable boost with a win Friday against a 2A playoff team in Grayson (6-3).

You leaving out James River for Radford, 2A with a 8-2 record. I'm lost!!! Is what it is. But makes no sense to me. Radford lost to 3 2A teams all playoff teams and then Galax has lost to 2 1A team and 2 2A teams that are common. ??????????? As you can tell don't want to play you in 2nd round much less at your place.