Va High vs Glenvar

Footballlover

I don't think Glenvar has seen a good passing offense yet. Idk what style Va high plays but if they like to run the ball then they will not score a point. If they have a good qb with a couple talented receivers, it could be interesting. Just my opinion

I agree they will have some trouble with Sewell but I like everybody else think there defense is just to strong for the Bearcats.

I hope Va High can get off to a great start like they did against us....lol. They absolutely poured it on us for the first eight minutes.

I think we'll give them a much greater challange than they're expecting, especially if Bradley can get the ball to Sewell. But yes, Glenvar will prevail in the end; unless something crazy happens like 2013 when we shocked Gretna

I think we'll give them a much greater challange than they're expecting, especially if Bradley can get the ball to Sewell. But yes, Glenvar will prevail in the end; unless something crazy happens like 2013 when we shocked Gretna

Glenvar is not taking any team lightly in the playoffs. The motto is the same from last year "One game at a time".

Glenvar is not taking any team lightly in the playoffs. The motto is the same from last year "One game at time

What's the most points Glenvar has given up in a game? I know that Giles and Radford scored14 on them and I think Galax scored 15. If 15 is the most they have given up then that is very impressive!

Yes, Galax 15 points was the most points against Glenvar. Glenvar has 5 shutouts this year and only surrendered 58 points the entire season . Glenvar takes pride in Defense. They know defense wins championships. In the last 7 games Glenvar has only gave up 28 points (Giles 14,Radford 14).

Yes, Galax 15 points was the most points against Glenvar. Glenvar has 5 shutouts this year and only surrendered 58 points the entire season . Glenvar takes pride in Defense. They know defense wins championships. In the last 7 games Glenvar has only gave up 28 points (Giles 14,Radford 14).

That's skewed a bit by the easy schedule. Giles and Radford aside, because they are legit teams, it's expected to hold the others to that low amount of points, IMO.

I feel the ultimate downfall of Glenvar this post season will be its offense. In those tough games, they haven't scored much. And they they run into Union in 2 weeks, Union can light up a scoreboard.

That's skewed a bit by the easy schedule. Giles and Radford aside, because they are legit teams, it's expected to hold the others to that low amount of points, IMO.

I feel the ultimate downfall of Glenvar this post season will be its offense. In those tough games, they haven't scored much. And they they run into Union in 2 weeks, Union can light up a scoreboard.

Don't forget about Galax, and James River that could beat Richlands or Union. The same critics said the same last year, Glenvar has no offense, Glenvar can't score. Remember what the final results were?

Be very careful, You looking ahead way too far. Who said Union will win, and meet Glenvar. It's playoffs, anything can happen!

Don't forget about Galax, and James River that could beat Richlands or Union. The same critics said the same last year, Glenvar has no offense, Glenvar can't score. Remember what the final results were?

Be very careful, You looking ahead way too far. Who said Union will win, and meet Glenvar. It's playoffs, anything can happen!

I'm allowed to look that far ahead on the other side of the bracket. ;)

Galax and James River COULD NOT beat Richlands or Union.....Galax may give them a fight but wouldn't beat either IMO....James River would get absolutely killed by either of them

Glenvar offense is nothing special but their defense sure is....to beat Glenvar you need to win the field position battle and get short fields....I think richlands beats glenvar cause they could spread the field and get their great DL spread out some and wouldn't be as dominate when they had more field to cover...but just my opinion

I'm allowed to look that far ahead on the other side of the bracket. ;)

Offense looks good on paper, but what happens when Defense shuts it down? I do remember last year when Richlands was putting up high scoring numbers. Wilson Memorial shut it down. Personally, I prefer defense over offense any day!

Offense looks good on paper, but what happens when Defense shuts it down? I do remember last year when Richlands was putting up high scoring numbers. Wilson Memorial shut it down. Personally, I prefer defense over offense any day!

We weren't exactly setting the world on fire last year. Too predictable.

Ask anyone who has played us or knows us. This offense is at least 3x better than last year. It really is reminiscent of the 06 team.

Galax would put up a fight, but I don't think they could beat Richlands. James River? Lol.

It's going to take a good spread team to put some points on Glenvar. They know how to stop the run without having to put guys in the box. They're the only team besides Gretna in 2011 that ive seen shut Giles' running game down

I can think of two teams in 2A west that like to spread it around.....not saying they can't be stopped, but it won't be easy.

We weren't exactly setting the world on fire last year. Too predictable.

Ask anyone who has played us or knows us. This offense is at least 3x better than last year. It really is reminiscent of the 06 team.

Galax would put up a fight, but I don't think they could beat Richlands. James River? Lol.

Richlands hasn't faced a strong Defense yet.. It's yet to be determined.