Helmet to helmet targeting n high school

BigO

Is a player supposed to be ejected for that? Back in my day that wasn't even a penalty. Anyway, Yates took a helmet to helmet hit this past week and it was called correctly. The ref even made the correct signal with his hand to the side of his head. I thought for sure that if a player was ejected for it in college they would be ejected in high school as well. Can someone tell me the rule on that? Thanks.

Is a player supposed to be ejected for that? Back in my day that wasn't even a penalty. Anyway, Yates took a helmet to helmet hit this past week and it was called correctly. The ref even made the correct signal with his hand to the side of his head. I thought for sure that if a player was ejected for it in college they would be ejected in high school as well. Can someone tell me the rule on that? Thanks.

No ejection in high school, for targeting anyways.

You can have an ejection for helmet to helmet or targeting (one doesnt necessarily mean it is the other) but for that to take place due to one hit in high school it must be deemed flagrant in the eyes of game official.   It all falls under the Illegal Personal Contact section of the NFHS rule book (Rule 9 Section 4 if you want to look it up) which also details items such as fighting, hurdling, roughing the passer/holder/kicker/snapper etc.  Two unsportsmanlike conduct penalties result in an automatic disqualification but any penatly that falls under the Illegal Personal Conduct section can lead to an ejection for a single foul if deemed flagrant by the official.