richlands and honaker...

#1BLUESFAN

Things have changed a lot in VHSL Football. I can remember the days when it was against

VHSL rules to view any tape or film of the current game at half time in the locker. Things

Have obviously changed. WOW! I guess it is all about trying to get any edge in a game to

Win. Definitely different than the old days when you just straped it on and go out there

And give it your best for 4 qrts, with blood, sweat and tears and a whole lot of Pride,

And after the game everyone shook hands and said good game!

Thanks for the Web site on Skycoach. I guess that I am just old school, not that today's tech

Is bad, but if it is used, then it should be available to both schools during the game.

Hey, in the NFL, if somethings goes wrong with the coaches head sets on one side, the game is

Stopped until the problem is fixed. If the problem is not fixed, then both teams can not use

The head sets.

The game has changed so much with social media being what it is in today's society. It is a

Different world out there My Friend. A world in which things can change in a blink of the eye.

Our youth are exposed to a world far different than their parents and grandparents ever dreamed.

The game has changed so much than what it was just a few years ago. Is all this change for the best?

It certainly is if the change makes the game we all love safer for our youth, but if the change

Is just to gain an edge on the other team, then I got to think about that for a while!We have

Folks out there that are trying to sell anything to us all, just to make a lousy buck, and

Sometimes at the expense of the integrity of the game itself.

Schools in GA have been doing this in high school football  since 2013 implemented by the GHSA. 

Gwinnett Daily Post

Technology pushes its way into high school football

• Brandon Brigman

• Oct 23, 2013

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/archive/technology-pushes-its-way-into-high-school-football/article_0d59cf94-7e4e-5a7a-8569-2769b3365c4e.html

excerpt:

“From now on, anyone I interview that’s not tech savvy, that’s a mark in the wrong column,†Sphire said. “You have be tech savvy now days.â€

While the new communication rule is not being taken advantage of heavily this year, most coaches are planning to implement it more next season. They see it as a valuable tool in a game that can be decided by one or two crucial plays.

For those of you wanting to possibly look at making your own for a fraction of the cost.

Camcorder with hdmi output while recording

Elgato hdmi capture device

Laptop capable of running elgato

5.0ghz Wireless bridge

Rtmp server

Record on the laptop, live stream to the server.

Add as many cameras as you want, use a rtmp server freeware, that allows multiple camera angles.

I'm currently on step 3.

Maybe they can just stream the live high school games to our homes, that way we won't have

To bother to go the games and watch our kids play. Just kidding, of course, but my goodness,

Just think of the money being spent on this tech, when in most schools half the kids are

On free lunch, and the parents are unemployed because of a terrible economy, and Churches

Are having a hard time paying their bills.

It is priorities My Friends that we as citizens must embrace for our society. We must just

Slow down sometime and smell the roses, as the saying goes. Enjoy the moment. Don't jump

At the new idea that may seem cool to a few. What are we teaching our youth in our schools;

How to win at all costs, or how to play the game with no cost to our integrity.