Gate City @ Lee High

Leatherhead Larry

Union will be fine alot of talent coming no not James Mitchell but good talent.

Looking all the way down through to the P-Nut program, Union shouldn't see much of a drop off for years. They will have to re-load every few years, but they will have talent to burn. The hardest thing for the coaches may very well be finding enough playing time for each kid. You can't guarantee future results by looking at kids in grades 3-8, but you can gauge talent...and there is a ton of it coming through BSG and Appy for the foreseeable future.

Union will be fine alot of talent coming no not James Mitchell but good talent.

I agree the feeder program at Union is great and there are some very talented kids coming up, but smaller 2A schools can't just reload after losing players like 82, 50, 5, 9, etc...

From what I hear, #21, Jenkins, his little bro is gonna be a stud.

But question for Union guys, why can't we get a reliable kicker? I kmnlw the younger Simon had some issues and isn't wit the team any more, but why aren't we finding a kid young and prepping him to be a consistent kicker by time he's in HS?

I agree the feeder program at Union is great and there are some very talented kids coming up, but smaller 2A schools can't just reload after losing players like 82, 50, 5, 9, etc...

From what I hear, #21, Jenkins, his little bro is gonna be a stud.

But question for Union guys, why can't we get a reliable kicker? I kmnlw the younger Simon had some issues and isn't wit the team any more, but why aren't we finding a kid young and prepping him to be a consistent kicker by time he's in HS?

One word....soccer. All 3 Simon brothers are from another state and grew up playing soccer. Only had it at the HS level in Wise Co for a few years now. It has grown in popularity, so the kids wanting to play at a younger age will continue to increase. The kickers will come.

Send em on over.

No one ever said that any of our players suck, all that was said is that Collier is our leader and is such a vital part of our offense, so much is built around him. He's even a factor on plays that he doesn't even gain any yardage.

And I think if Sallee gets a step or two quicker he will be a fine quarterback for us. He's a true passing QB and has a good arm for a Freshman. A 6'3 180lb Freshman at that.

Lee hasn't been able to beat Gate City since 1998, you can do all the talking in the world but it won't matter. We're on to John Battle.

. You one went there Larry... without Rasnic Lee doesn't have anything.Doesnt have anything equal has nothing,cant make a play,cant complete pass,cant make a tackle,cant gain a yard.T he players suck. According to you same at GC and everyone knows it. Without Collier you never move from your tracks...even though he's not capable of being a true passer......and you guys are not offended by it. Guess you got used to it since Lee County Players have carried you for past 6-7 years. Thankfully Collier had another Lee County player to throw to this year. I'm sure your new coach will get all the student body involved going forward and that home grown Scott County talent will come shining thru.

Sorry mom...just looking for someone to argue with and thought I had Leatherface blood pumping enough to jump in the fray. Next time I'll start before the game then maybe I can get a bet together and buy Larry and his friends some hotdogs when their one player outplays ours. Actually I thought I saw several promising looking players on GC squad...couple decent lineman, linebacker and big tall receiver that ran his routes well.( Wait....both his parents are from Lee county so strike that one)  I'll let it go till next year when I have to watch GC give us another whipping as their tennis player out coaches us once again. Till then Larry can go by Pal's and get him a Chipped Ham and some Frenchie fries and send the bill to me at: Use to getting my butt kicked,C/0 Happy to have some company,  Lee County VA 66666