Marion vs Patrick Henry

Canes00

This will be PHs toughest test to this point in the season. I see a close game won by the team who makes the fewest mistakes. I know that sounds like a generic answer. But PH had a very suspect D last season. With an amazing RB to carry the load. He now has an extra year under him. Marion has a good back and some good WRS should be interesting.

Winning time of possession has to be key for PH. Sustain drives and keep Marion's offense off of the field. Hold on to the ball, wear down Marion's D, and get Humphrey to the outside. Marion's got a very good front seven that predicates itself on taking away the inside run. PH's FB is very good, but running between the tackles will not be easy against Marion front seven, which makes winning TOP difficult. Marion is talented, but very young and not immune to mental errors. GW and RR both beat the Canes by sustaining drives, winning TOP, and forcing Marion into making silly mistakes (i.e. lots of penalties).

Marion's coming off a bye week, with memories still fresh from PH's win last year, which may have been Marion's most hearbreaking loss. I think that it will be a good game regardless, but Marion is going to be very motivated and PH is going to need to play flawlessly.