Union @ John Battle

John Battle sports

Those sweeps to #9 killed Battle. That kid really had some wheels...

Fannon is fast but #17 is a lot faster, he just couldn't break one tonight. Glad to see the utilized #82 in the slot some tonight. Abingdon graduates alot this year, 22 maybe if I read correctly, don't quote me on that

Beautiful stiff arm, something I wish more backs could do.

you dont see it a whole lot in high school sports anymore, you see alot of attempted but not as effective. This picture was snapped by the BHC I assume as that's where I got it from. between Fannon and #82 mitchell, i dont see how they have fingers left with all the stiff arm's they've threw this year

Union rushed for over 300 yards on 30 some carries, right at ten YPC.

I wouldn't count Union out against Abingdon, Richlands and Abingdon were neck and neck in Abingdon, Union was neck in neck with Richlands at Richlands. Falcons def be a favorite, but I don't think Union would get blown out.

I wouldn't count Union out against Abingdon, Richlands and Abingdon were neck and neck in Abingdon, Union was neck in neck with Richlands at Richlands. Falcons def be a favorite, but I don't think Union would get blown out.

I think Union could beat Abingdon, there's not a lot of difference in the top 5 or 6 teams in the area

He has it between his legs and he had poession. Someone came in after the play was dead and kicked it away. But I do not believe Union could hang with Abingdon. Abingdon has depth at every skill and doesn't drop off much. Too explosive of an offense.

Yep. Abingdon gives me the impression that they can score as much as they want. Very impressive at almost every position.

I believe union would win the game. Imo

Did union not give you that impression?

Union has a great team. But it's just not the same impression Abingdon gives. They are very different. Union is really good. Battle moved the ball pretty good against Union, too; right at 300 yds. There was no chance of that against Abingdon.... It's not easy to explain. But that's just what I think with seeing both teams & both games @ Battle.

Has Fannon exceeded 1,300 yards yet? If not I'm sure he's close

Id love to find full stats, I'd like to see Fannons yards, Owens' YPC and Mitchell's total TDs. I'd also love defensive stats, sacks and TFL for the DL/LB but I can't ever find those.

Union has a great team. But it's just not the same impression Abingdon gives. They are very different. Union is really good. Battle moved the ball pretty good against Union, too; right at 300 yds. There was no chance of that against Abingdon.... It's not easy to explain. But that's just what I think with seeing both teams & both games @ Battle.

Ok i respect your opinion thanks.

Union has a great team. But not the same impression Abingdon gives. It's just different. Union is really good. Battle moved the ball pretty good against Union, too; right at 300 yds. There was no chance of that against Abingdon.... It's not easy to explain. But that's just what I think with seeing both teams & both games @ Battle.

Now I wasn't there, but going by the box score, Battle only had 284 total yards with Union getting some reserves in during second half, averaged about 3.5 ypc, and take away the 54 yard TD run and Battle barely had 200 yards. Union put up 461 total yards, 323 rush yards on 37 carries. Battle did turn balk over three times, but its not as if the game was ever in doubt.

I'm seriously not trying to be an ass, but the Union offense had their way with Battle, could've scored more. 9-14 passing for 138 yards (almost ten yards per attempt, that's extremely good), and rushing for 300+ yards on 9+ YPC. Union put up only four less yards at Battle than Burton did v, Thomas Walker.

Again not trying to down JSB at all, I really thought game would be tightnand Battle had a chance to win, but for Union to go on road and put up 400+ yards and 42 points against a team that held GC under 20 at GC is impressive. Union averages 42 PPG and wins by 28 PPG. Only one team held Union under 30, at Richlands (who also held Abingdon under 30), and that was a 27-28 loss in OT. I just think Union could play wit Abingdon. They beat Richlands by one possession in Abingdon with Richlands turning it over a ton and JLA playing uncharacteristically badly. Abingdon is very good, but Union isn't a slouch and they have a balanced attack, unlike Richlands so Abingdon would have to respect the run and the pass.

Now I wasn't there, but going by the box score, Battle only had 284 total yards with Union getting some reserves in during second half, averaged about 3.5 ypc, and take away the 54 yard TD run and Battle barely had 200 yards. Union put up 461 total yards, 323 rush yards on 37 carries. Battle did turn balk over three times, but its not as if the game was ever in doubt.

I'm seriously not trying to be an ass, but the Union offense had their way with Battle, could've scored more. 9-14 passing for 138 yards (almost ten yards per attempt, that's extremely good), and rushing for 300+ yards on 9+ YPC. Union put up only four less yards at Battle than Burton did v, Thomas Walker.

Again not trying to down JSB at all, I really thought game would be tightnand Battle had a chance to win, but for Union to go on road and put up 400+ yards and 42 points against a team that held GC under 20 at GC is impressive. Union averages 42 PPG and wins by 28 PPG. Only one team held Union under 30, at Richlands (who also held Abingdon under 30), and that was a 27-28 loss in OT. I just think Union could play wit Abingdon. They beat Richlands by one possession in Abingdon with Richlands turning it over a ton and JLA playing uncharacteristically badly. Abingdon is very good, but Union isn't a slouch and they have a balanced attack, unlike Richlands so Abingdon would have to respect the run and the pass.

I agree. Union is definitely no slouch. But I've only seen one game from both of these teams. Someone on here asked me for my opinion about what I thought about UHS/AHS.  I'm sure if you asked 50 more people you might get 25 answers one way & 25 the other. I'm just being honest about what I saw. That was just my opinion that was asked for. And you know what they say about opinions ;) 

I'd like to see Fannons yards

Out of 40 quarters this season excluding the OT in Richlands, I'm gonna say Fannon has been on the bench about 12-14 out of 40 quarters, I may be wrong but just taking a guesstimate. Same goes for Mitchell. The kids pushing 1300 rushing yards riding on 26-28 quarters of play or so. Pretty damn impressive