GHSA Scores

87Tiger

Congrats on your team Cherokee's win...

Roswell is rolling(nationally ranked)...however, Pebblebrook under Saunders (his second year at Brook) making the playoffs for the first time in 10 years has his team headed in the right direction.

Colquitt Co. with Rush Propst as HC losing some games early in the season is making up for those early season losses.  (On the GA board, some have posted, Propst puts his team up in a local hotel the night before a home game.The boosters feed them...he takes their cell phones away, makes sure their school homework is completed and they're in bed by his timeline) One can say whatever about the man, but, the kids love him according to posters on the board. (He, also, does the same for away games)

The final score on the game was N Cobb 35 Tift 7 (Tift Co. boys basketball team played in the Arby's Classic last year)

Here is another score for you from last night:  Lowndes HS 92   Hill Grove 61...a lot of offense ...not much defense in AAAAAAA

Finally, a personal score for me:  Greater ATL Christian beat Pace Academy last night 35-17 in a AAA playoff game.  Pace and GAC both are new in the AAA classification this year.  Pace won the AA state championship last year.

Tiger...I know Cherokee, is playing in the GHSA AAAAAAA classification.  I saw an enrollment of 1,767 for your school... however, Mill Creek HS (Gwinnett Co.) also, in the same classification and your upcoming opponent, has an enrollment of 3,979.  ( Mill Creek is the largest school in GA) Did Cherokee elect to play up in 7A or is Mill Creek just an anomaly in 7A ?

I didn't want to start a thread for this...and since this topic is re: GA ...I'll post this here.
I read about this yesterday on the news (didn't know the connection at the time)  and got a text about it last night during the football games being played.

GAC was devastated yesterday by some horrific news affecting one of their own by a senseless act of violence.  This nation needs prayers....

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/gac-u-s-marshals-service-mourn-fallen-lawman/article_8042010e-d374-5dd7-b2fa-97ecdcd5a19c.html