Gate City @ Daniel Boone

RiverRat24

Let's hear some predictions. I know it's awfully hard to make a educated prediction this early in the season with hardly anything to go on....but give it the ol college try anyhow. Im gonna say GC wins a pretty close one to the tune of:

69-61 GC (Ervin and McClung hit foul shots to seal it)

No offense, but I know zilch about Boone. 

Knowing what I know about GC, I think they will compete. Key for them is Defense and Rebounding. Also getting out in open court in transition. If GC can play defense/rebound, get out in transition and run and not have to settle into a halfcourt set they win by 10+. 

If Boone prohibits them from doing that then Boone should win. 

Dean came thru and picked us up with Ervin struggling a little, some nights you have it and some you don't , keep playing hard always, Mac did what Mac does 25 to 40 pts on any given night, devils will lay it on them at home next week, it's very tough to pick up a win at Boone especially against a good and well coached team,  GO BLUE!!

Well it wasn't pretty at all....but a win is a win. GC comes away with the W 77-71. Ervin and Collier couldn't even look at anyone without getting a foul called on them. GC was playing 5 against 8 all night.... horrendous officiating.

To sum it all up...Boone was on fire to start out, GC Defense was spotty and gave up alot of easy backdoor cuts, McClung went off, Dean lit it up behind the arc, and Ervin just had an off night altogether (and still scored 16).

Overall, good win for the Blue Devils. Wasn't pretty but learn from the mistakes and move on. Boone is a very solid team so hats off to those guys. Several really good players on that team and they are just a few points away from being undefeated this season. Knox Christian up next....and i have no clue what to expect from them.