Giles and Bluefield

nrv_football

Looking forward to our annual slobberknocker.  I hate this is the 1st game of the season since its my favorite on the schedule.   The only game of the season I root against  Big Red. Heres to a great injury free  game for both my favorite teams.

Edited by 1bburgfan
lol left out a word

Thad took over a Blacksburg team that hadn't won a playoff game since 2002 and led them to a state title. The early season woes are partly to blame with the onside/going for it constantly. That's very prevalent in the film. However, it seems the longer I get into the  season, the more players roles start to get defined, and that seems to happen. 

I wouldn't hate on a coach that had the testicular fortitude to try something new. It didn't work, but his kids seemed to buy in. And starting with that Pulaski game, this looks like a different team. 

Blacksburg definitely improved after game 5 last season but so did Giles. A few position changes completely changed the single wing attack. Not saying that Giles would've beaten Bburg later in the season, but I think it would've been another game that came down to the last few minutes... but anyways, last season is over and while I'm a train wreck about this Friday, I'm still excited!! 

23 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

Thad took over a Blacksburg team that hadn't won a playoff game since 2002 and led them to a state title. The early season woes are partly to blame with the onside/going for it constantly. That's very prevalent in the film. However, it seems the longer I get into the  season, the more players roles start to get defined, and that seems to happen. 

I wouldn't hate on a coach that had the testicular fortitude to try something new. It didn't work, but his kids seemed to buy in. And starting with that Pulaski game, this looks like a different team. 

I don't hate anyone but one that lets his team become arrogant as hell after 2 years when previous coach of 40 years never let it happen I have a problem with it

26 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

you can call it testicular fortitude and I can call it a brain fart and we would  both be right........

36 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

Blacksburg definitely improved after game 5 last season but so did Giles. A few position changes completely changed the single wing attack. Not saying that Giles would've beaten Bburg later in the season, but I think it would've been another game that came down to the last few minutes... but anyways, last season is over and while I'm a train wreck about this Friday, I'm still excited!! 

Its always an exciting game in the Across the Mountain Annual Slobberknocker  Showdown Wonder how far down 460 parking will be this year ?. Onward Indians   Go Big Red

5 minutes ago, 1bburgfan said:

you can call it testicular fortitude and I can call it a brain fart and we would  both be right........

Statistics fully support what Wells tried to do last year.  The only problem is, statistics doesn't account for the severe risk for little reward of that strategy.

3 minutes ago, UVAObserver said:

Statistics fully support what Wells tried to do last year.  The only problem is, statistics doesn't account for the severe risk for little reward of that strategy.

statistics are for the media and message board junkies. Only 2 really count Ws and Ls

2 hours ago, 1bburgfan said:

Its always an exciting game in the Across the Mountain Annual Slobberknocker  Showdown Wonder how far down 460 parking will be this year ?. Onward Indians   Go Big Red

I haven't seen a large Blacksburg crowd in awhile so I hope they pack the stands! 

25 minutes ago, Hokiebird7 said:

And Thad Wells was 1-4 using stats until other coaches talked him into doing the right things....9-1 after that

My entire point is that there is a smart way and a stupid way to use statistics, and you don't do a thing in the world to refute that.  In fact, quite the contrary...