Old yearbooks for research

Bluefield researcher

Yesterday the Library of Virginia posted some older Smyth County yearbooks from Marion, Chilhowie and Saltville. I was able to find two scores of games from 1944 from the 1945 Marion yearbook that I did not know about. Games vs Saltville and Narrows.

My reason for this topic is to encourage anyone that may have had family go to school in 1950 and earlier to think about the possibility of yearbooks being in the family that may have old football scores in them. Schools that I am still looking for early scores are;  Marion, Saltville, Rich Valley, Chilhowie, George Wythe (Wytheville High in the early days), William King of Abingdon, Damascus, Meadowview (aka Greenfield), Grundy, Richlands, Graham, Pocahontas, Honaker, Lebanon, Pennington, St. Charles, Jonesville, Ewing, Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Pearisburg, Pembroke, Radford, Galax, Hillsville, Rural Retreat, Dublin, Pulaski, and Dante.

All of these schools I have missing scores from the 20's, 30's or 40's. Maybe you see an old yearbook at an antique shop or yard sale. Maybe you could take a picture of the football page with your phone and send.