THINGS THAT ARE NEVER TO BE FORGOTTEN

jarhead24219

APPOMATTOX has seen more than it fair share of heartbreak in the last few years loosing its young people to accidents and death at every turn, last year in the early morning hours on game day they lost a beloved teammate on the baseball team to a car accident but they still played on and beat UNION .within just a few hours the UNION family lost the mother of one of our cheerleaders JANINIA JEFFERSON (JONES)to a murder by ERIC MONROE JONES(WHO IS STILL ON THE RUN).APPOMATTOX WAS CONTACTED AND ASKED TO PRAY FOR THE FAMILY, THEY DID, AND ALSO LOWERED THE FLAG TO HALF MASS AT THEIR NEXT HOME GAME.This shows the true heart of the real football families from APPOMATTOX and it speaks of real class of the fine people that the football team represent.They also carry the PO1 slogan on their backs into every game and have their prayer circle before each home game, so regaurdless of the score they are winners,they have inspired me and even though I am pulling for the BEARS , I already know these young men on both sides will make us proud 

Great post jarhead, in this life there is so much more than sports!!! To see people come together when tragedy hits no matter if they are enemies on the field, SWVA and the rest of VA always come together off the field!!