GC vs Knox Christian

Leatherhead Larry

The smile (or smirk I guess) he gets when Dean or Ervin or another teammate has a big play is reassuring. When a kid that good takes joy in creating for his teammates and recognizing them after great plays, it really bolsters a team. 

GCs still Duke lol, clapping in an opponents face is something I dislike but that's not something only McClung does and it's not a huge deal. 

The two teams with big time D1 talent in this area are spoiled because both seem to be absolutely phenomenal teammates. Mitchell at Union was the epitome of what you want in a star player, always team first but wants the ball in the biggest situations and seems like MM is same way. I was a lil hard on him in the past, I took his joy for arrogance. But it seems genuine, he hasn't changed in the three years I've seen him. 

Mac would rather see his teammates excel and get the spotlight. Of course McClung is going to get a lot of the stardom due to how crazy talented he is. Mac is just embracing it and having fun, along with the rest of the team, I can’t blame him or them. This area doesn’t get put on the national stage like it has with Mac and Co very often, so we have to enjoy what we get. But Mac probably enjoys when others have a killer move, shot, or etc more than anything he does. In the most recent Ballislife video you can see Mac coaching up David George at the end of the 3rd. Mac wanted George to take the open look even after George dished it to Dean for the 3 at the buzzer. Mac truly wants to get everyone involved. Even though everyone plays a role at GC, Mac knows we have to have more players score, despite what everyone says about him being a ball hog. I think Mac and Mitchell are good representives of the area, both seem to be very humble and appreciative of their future and talents.