Overlooked game?

Cash

Wondering if Thomas Walker v Castlewood is over looked this week? Thinking this is a game that can turn Walker into a more confident team if they can pull off a win. It would definitely rumble the ground in Ewing and the Cumberland District.

Cant Speak much of CW but Thomas Walker has had some close games against our 1st two opponents.

Its week 3 and injuries are always a factor, I wont disclose out of respect for the staff.  

Lately Thomas Walker has had an excellent mix of Ace Double sets and Single wing and our D-Line has Held its own. 

The Match-up that I see being the most intriguing is the ability of the Castlewood's linebackers to diagnosis plays. Thomas Walker has stable of running backs that all get carries and if Castlewood's stacks the box our deep threats will be ready to expose the 1 v 1s on the numbers. 

Whoever wins the Turnover Battle win the game. 

This is definitely a Marquee Match up in the Cumberland that all will want to see. Maybe even GOTW status for those in power

I think games like Virginia High/Tennessee High or Graham/Giles are much more interesting games of the Week simply because of playoff repercussions. 

No offense to TW or Castlewood, but 1A Region D is basically decided. Chilhowie is gonna win the region, there's little doubt there. In 2A, it's wide open with 4-5 teams believing they could win Region D, and winning big games helps secure home games.

Again no respect to what should be a very close and intriguing matchup, but I see why most people who aren't residents of Caetlewood or Thomas Walker aren't paying attention

None taken, but the quality of game is in question with VHS/THS and Graham/Giles as both are heavily favored.

Quality as in the game on the line going into the 4th quarter. 

Edit I am extremely bias and also some what ignorant of what vhs and giles have.

16 minutes ago, TwhscoachT said:

24 - 0 and they threw away about 4 or 5 possessions inside the 30, could have easily been a 49 - 0 score.

Like I said I think Norton is prob best team in CMD but I could be wrong and maybe TW can get a district title. That would be awesome for you guys, congrats on the win and TW having one of their better teams in recent history

Congratulations TW on big Cumberland win. Yes it a little district overshadowed by bigger teams and game week in and out. But a lot of heart in that district.