Honaker Football

UnionBears84

2 minutes ago, UnionBears84 said:

What has happened in Swords Creek? They've had some down years but man oh man. Getting beat by almost 40 against Castlewood has raised some brows.

Castlewood is not bad at all, especially up front-and I’m not making any excuses for the Tigers just saying that CW is a pretty good 1A football team in current times. They blocked well and executed well and just flat dominated the LOS.   

Tigers are young just about everywhere-not sure they were ready for the physicality Tues but they will be ok. 

9 minutes ago, Tigerman10 said:

Castlewood is not bad at all, especially up front-and I’m not making any excuses for the Tigers just saying that CW is a pretty good 1A football team in current times. They blocked well and executed well and just flat dominated the LOS.   

Tigers are young just about everywhere-not sure they were ready for the physicality Tues but they will be ok. 

This bunch at Castlewood has been tough from little league on up. I saw this coming.  

1 hour ago, Tigerman10 said:

I know Castlewood isn't bad. Fully expect them to give Burton all they want on the 5th. Just didn't expect it to be that lopsided. Honaker hasn't been Honaker in a few years. Maybe longer. Just didn't know if kids were transferring to other schools or just not coming out or what was going on

I think its kids just not coming out. Haven't heard of any transferring. I think we only have in the upper 20s dressed out compared to several years ago when we had in the 40s or 50s or maybe more dressed out.

I think we only returned 4 starters on both sides of the ball and have a freshman starting at quarterback. There are some good young players that will get alot of valuable varsity experience this year and some good ones coming up.