Tough news

BasementBaller2021

I thought I would wait until after the game tonight to post but I am guessing the news is out. E. McMurray broke his hand last week.  I’m guessing that puts him out for a while. Since he led us in scoring last game out vs DB it should be interesting to see who steps up for Homecoming night.   Not to mention the rest of the year! 

It was a big blow since he turned into GCs most reliable scorer and they were up against a nasty Union defense. Bears jumped out to early lead and never faltered, winning 53-30. I believe that clinches an undefeated M7 season for Union and IIRC no district game was within ten points.

21 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

D-B beats Gate City Saturday night 82-30.  Gate City was held to 5 second half points.  They can't do anything with coach Poore's full court press.  I am surprised no more teams in the M7 don't utilize it against Gate City. 

Not every team can run the press, especially to the DB level! DB is a great team this season and I expect to see them in Murfreesboro in a few weeks. 

7 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Not every team can run the press, especially to the DB level! DB is a great team this season and I expect to see them in Murfreesboro in a few weeks. 

I hope you're right.  They have to win region first, and then get through one of Bearden, Farragut or Oak Ridge in the sectional to get to Murfreesboro.