Top 5 - Southwest Virginia Boys and Girls Basketball (Lee County to Pulaski County)

BlueDevil4Life2008

Boys

1. George Wythe - Class 1

2. Radford - Class 2

3. Virginia High - Class 2

4.James River - Class 2

5. Auburn - Class 1

Girls

1. Carroll County - Class 3

2. Ridgeview - Class 2

3. Central (Wise) - Class 2

4. Floyd County - Class 2

5. Gate City - Class 2

From what I have seen in the sports sections on the net.  If anyone has any difference of opinions feel free to post. 

No way Auburn is 5th on any list for basketball involving Class 1 and Class 2 teams in Virginia. They are the defending Class 1 state champions. Take a look at Auburn's schedule. Who they have already beaten by 30. Then compare that to the George Wythe schedule. Auburn is on another level right now. George Wythe is very good but they have to beat Auburn to earn a #1 ranking over them. They play one-another Friday night in Wytheville.

If you're ending the geographic area at Pulaski County, Radford, Auburn and James River are all north of Pulaski. James River is north of Roanoke and 75 miles north of Pulaski County.

Carroll County with a bullet in the girls ranks!!! 

Man, is there anything else like the M7 in girl’s basketball?  I can’t think of a conference that dominates a sport like this, and I’m not talking about a single team within a conference.  Three out of the seven teams have won a state title in the last 8 years.

1 hour ago, Elder statesman said:

Carroll County girls should run away with Class 3 state title.  I haven't seen any team that's close.  I heard they had a close game with Pulaski (4A) but I haven't had a chance to watch on NFHS yet.  

Carroll beat Pulaski 64-58 the opening game of the season. Pulaski is the only competition Carroll will see until they face Liberty Christian in February. Pulaski reached the state semifinals last season. They are very good. Carroll's last loss was December 11, 2021 to Pulaski. 

Carroll drilled Pulaski 66-40 a few days ago in the second game of a home-and-home. Alyssa Ervin scored 34 points and had 7 steals.

35 minutes ago, F@lcon said:

Ervin is a great player but gotta give the rest of carroll county's team some credit.   They are just a sound group of players. 

Ervin and Kalee Easter were both 1st team All-State last season. Jaelyn Hagee probably should have been at least 2nd team last season. Ashton Richardson is really good as well.

Carroll returns all 5 starters and the first 2 players off the bench this season. They are a force.