JV standings - SW & MT 7

ShaneFalco113

On 2/5/2023 at 8:33 AM, Ryan4VT said:

Not for JV. Usually just a district championship tournament. 

District championships for the JV no longer a thing for the SWD. The reason I heard stated was it "Too much work" for the host teams. Which is a big load of BS honestly

26 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

District championships for the JV no longer a thing for the SWD. The reason I heard stated was it "Too much work" for the host teams. Which is a big load of BS honestly

Ah. That is so sad. I'm sure it's not the easiest thing to pull off -- but those kids deserve it, too.

1 minute ago, Ryan4VT said:

Ah. That is so sad. I'm sure it's not the easiest thing to pull off -- but those kids deserve it, too.

It really is and hopefully it come back. They didnt do it during the shortened COVID season but brought it back last year. From what I heard most 4 out of the 5 ADs didnt want to fool with an extra JV championship game. Which in all honesty it makes for a long day when you have to work the 3rd place game, then JV Championship, then District championship game. 

2 hours ago, Jags52 said:

Unfortunately a FEW administrators don't want to do anymore than they have to but they want every bit of their paycheck.

Thanks for feedback …that’s a shame  on the administrations part if just to lazy to put on events  for the next wave of athletes and sub Varsity level.  

SWVA needs to take lessons from Tennessee and the way they run things ….creates a better product in the end (Varsity years) by investing in Middle School and JV level Championship settings …..which ultimately bring in more money in the varsity years …..or at least that’s the way I see it 

16 hours ago, ShaneFalco113 said:

Thanks for feedback …that’s a shame  on the administrations part if just to lazy to put on events  for the next wave of athletes and sub Varsity level.  

SWVA needs to take lessons from Tennessee and the way they run things ….creates a better product in the end (Varsity years) by investing in Middle School and JV level Championship settings …..which ultimately bring in more money in the varsity years …..or at least that’s the way I see it 

The way Tennessee does postseason in all sports is miles better than the VHSL.  No mix and match different classifications in districts (ex:  Class 3 Abingdon in majority class 2 M7).  In Tennessee, if you're 6A, you're in a 6A conference.  Football, top 4 in each conference go to playoffs and cross bracket with next conference over.  Pretty straightforward.  Basketball you go to the semis in your district tournament, you go on to Region and so forth.