Virginia High's field

Ryan4VT

On 7/21/2023 at 1:20 PM, Queue said:

Huh -- I didn't think Broadway had sent all that many people.  Looked like half...60% at most, IIRC.

They brought a crowd but they were quiet. I had to sit across the field because my seat was gone..lol

On 7/21/2023 at 1:20 PM, Queue said:

Huh -- I didn't think Broadway had sent all that many people.  Looked like half...60% at most, IIRC.

Might be confusing Forest. Forest brought a decent crowd. I was at the Forest game the week prior in the semi's. But, Forest certainly didn't pack it. Maybe half the stands were full of Forest fans on away side. I've only been to GC 1 time in 26ish years since that J. Forest game.

On 7/25/2023 at 1:21 PM, GC_Quincy said:

I don't remember Forest bringing many at all honestly which surprised me. I still don't see how we won that game. That was the prettiest ugly kick I've ever seen.

Forest spread GC out and just let the QB run/pick his holes which gave GC problems. Forest was also pretty darn good upfront. GC was still better on the LOS. Just an incredibly close game. I was setting on the Forest (away) side and when the ball came off of the GC kickers foot, I thought. Game over. Forest has won this game. It was a flat knuckle ball kick. The only thing was.....the ball just stayed thr same trajectory and height until it went past the crossbar. I've never seen a kick in all of my life look that ugly, yet still be true from that kind of distance. For 10 yds or an extra point? Sure, it happens, but not that distance. 

• 3 weeks later...

Saw on Facebook that VHS will play at Gene Malcolm this season. “Seating arrangements TBD.” 

I’m guessing both teams’ fans will sit in the visitor side and the bands will be behind the end zone. But that’s just a guess.