Blacksburg @ Giles

nrv_football

Predictions

Blacksburg is not very good. Blacksburg did not look good in scrimmage. Watched Giles against Christiansburg in the benefit game and they looked good not state championship good but better than last year for sure. Of course this is based on Christiansburg supposedly being decent themselves. After seeing both in scrimmage Giles looks to be the better team. I would say 2 touchdowns better imo. The only thing Blacksburg has the advantage with is depth. 

42 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

Predictions

Blacksburg is not very good. Blacksburg did not look good in scrimmage. Watched Giles against Christiansburg in the benefit game and they looked good not state championship good but better than last year for sure. Of course this is based on Christiansburg supposedly being decent themselves. After seeing both in scrimmage Giles looks to be the better team. I would say 2 touchdowns better imo. The only thing Blacksburg has the advantage with is depth. 

Giles by 10 pts. I think we are better than last year. I also think Blacksburg is better than the past 3-4 yrs. Does that mean Blacksburg is good? Nope, they very bad, but imo, slightly better than the last 3 or so years. 

1 hour ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Giles by 10 pts. I think we are better than last year. I also think Blacksburg is better than the past 3-4 yrs. Does that mean Blacksburg is good? Nope, they very bad, but imo, slightly better than the last 3 or so years. 

Agree. Blacksburg looks a little better than the previous two seasons. I think they win 1 game for sure maybe 2 or 3 depending. Best shot at a win is Giles and Floyd, Hidden Valley maybe idk. They have athletism guess it comes down to coaching and how they use that.

4 hours ago, SWVAgridiron said:

After watching the scrimmage with Radford and benefit game against Glenvar you can tell this Blacksburg team is more athletic than they’ve been in a few years. With that, I still only see them winning 2-3 games at best. Spartans by 14.

I feel exactly the same.  My ceiling for them is 2 wins, but I think they get at least 1 win, maybe 2.  We will see though.  I just hope there first win isn't Friday night!  Blacksburg is still Not Good, but the teams they have put on the field in their scrimmages in early season are Better than the teams they have put on the field in preseason scrimmages the past 3-4 years.

12 minutes ago, SWVAgridiron said:

As of right now still 7:00. It’s usually brutally hot when we play Blacksburg but this might be the worse one yet. Hope both teams are well hydrated. 

I heard it was in talks to possibly moving it...figured you guys would hear something if they do move it

21 hours ago, Hokiebird7 said:

They gonna call me at work with the announcement haha

Kickoff time is a confirmed 7pm. The Giles vs BBurg game is not going to be moved to 8pm. This is a surprise to me. I was told by a local birdie that it would be announced/decided today and that it would likely be moved to 8. We'll, they decided and they confirmed/doubled down, the game start time is 7pm and that's locked in.

8pm is to far past the whining girley-like liberal-pukey-panzie Bruins bedtime. Tic.

Go Bandana Bunch!

15 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Kickoff time is a confirmed 7pm. The Giles vs BBurg game is not going to be moved to 8pm. This is a surprise to me. I was told by a local birdie that it would be announced/decided today and that it would likely be moved to 8. We'll, they decided and they confirmed/doubled down, the game start time is 7pm and that's locked in.

8pm is to far past the whining girley-like liberal-pukey-panzie Bruins bedtime. Tic.

Go Bandana Bunch!

Hell they won't bring 25 fans anyway

Haven't gotten a chance to see Blacksburg but Giles has been fairly impressive this pre-season. Defense looks dramatically improved and the entire backfield returning is never a bad thing. 34-21 Giles!

To those familiar with Giles football does Giles have a shifty back in the backfield this year? It seems part of the success in the past other than great assignment blocking is a shifty-athletic back. Which is something that seems has been kind of missing the past 3 or 4 years. 

21 minutes ago, nrv_football said:

To those familiar with Giles football does Giles have a shifty back in the backfield this year? It seems part of the success in the past other than great assignment blocking is a shifty-athletic back. Which is something that seems has been kind of missing the past 3 or 4 years. 

Our tailback is pretty quick and elusive. Full back is smaller but has a very quick burst of speed. Wing back is bigger than the 2 mentioned and he runs hard on the reverses and is a good blocker. We don’t have a Brian Mann or a Brett Whitlow but we do have a pretty good backfield.