Lee @ Pineville Ky

VFL

53 minutes ago, VFL said:

Any thoughts on this one. I don't know anything about pineville. Does anyone know anything about them?

Pineville is 0-4 to start the year. If Lee goes in with a winning mindset, they should have no problem bringing the W back to Ben Hur.

0-4 on the surface looks bad but the 4 teams they have lost two are no slouch. Clay Co beat Harlan Co who is on the same level with Middlesboro. Rockcastle Co is really good this year and looks to challenge Bell Co in 3A east. If I had money on this game, It would be on Pineville @Pineville.  Pineville looks to be a 3-7, 4-6, 5-5 team. Wins for sure are Harlan and Lynn camp. Lee, Leslie, and Williamsburg are on the fence 

So Clay County is probably a little below Gate City and Clay absolutely manhandled Pineville.  It was not as close as the score indicated.  Pineville looked super slow and soft compared to Clay.  If Clay wasnt so undisciplined it would have been even worse but also I think Clay pulled their folks early due to some cheap shots that happened in the 2nd half.  Pineville had a little success using a Tennesse play where Clay didnt cover the receiver on the sidelines a couple of times.   Lee just needs to handle blitzes or Huff breaking one tackle and will be gone a lot I believe.  Somewhat surprised they would be picked over Harlan unless the EKU commit is injured for the Dragons.