Marion @ Virginia High

V-Cats

Nope, 6 is about it with a win.  this game will decide 6-8. good luck to both.  Marion takes care of Chilhowie, it's not a question.  VHS losing to PH was crucial as the JSB win was.  Battle should have beaten the cats, would have been very close to bumping Lee completely out.   Lebanon Losing to VHS, PH, and Mar sealed them.

35 minutes ago, UnionGuy2017 said:

I don’t think it’s possible for either of them to catch Gate City for the 5 seed but this is truly a coin-toss game for me. I think I lean Va High though due to their playmakers and athletes. 

I agree. Tossup game with the winner getting the 6th seed and the loser getting the 8th seed.

Va High has more athletes, but Marion might have the better line. 

Marion is too physical for Va High. They win 28-14. This is probably the best group of kids Marion has had in awhile. They had potential to be special but things never really materialized the last couple of years. The JV and 8th grade teams have struggled. I see Marion struggling to compete in the near future.

Marion ain't bad and a huge reason for that is because they have a dam$ gorilla-man-bear-pig at Defensive End. I love watching that kid play. He's a stud and he will do well at Air Force. Same for Princeton Highs center. Tough kid and two from the coverage area going to what is at present, a top 20 ranked school in the polls in Air Force. The kid from Marion won't get defensive POY in Virginia because of Marion's overall record compared to undefeated Central Woodstock and Lopez who also plays DLine and will win the award hands down. But the kid from Marion is just as good in my opinion.