BHS NEW HEAD COACH

BLU

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Can you prove to me that you would beat a WV team 9 out of 10 times? Can you prove that to me? I didnt think so

[/ QUOTE ]

ask anyone besides these bluefield fans..everyone will admit that wv football is weaker than va football...who do ull have that can play with Richlands last year??? who can play with landstown??? who can play with salem??? who can play with Amherst????

[/ QUOTE ]

sh#t in your eyes bluefield was sorry last year and they still beat richlands in the scrimage so.. yal need to quit trippin cause the truth be told if all the area teams wv or va went played schools from the va beach area and on up they would have all gotten beat so.. just cause u live in va u cant say they are just right out better then schools from other states like if i lived in flordia im not gonna say our schools are so much better then texas u feel me

[/ QUOTE ]

that just shows how bad ur knowledge of the game is....Richlands only had 1 starting lineman that played that game and their starters only played for maybe a quarter.....

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your knowledge of the game is nothing but biased and not very experienced. I'm not even going to argue bluefield salem in '04, people have their opinions but common scores between bluefield martinsburg, bassett and salem indicate you could be wrong.

[ QUOTE ]

If you strictly compare West Virginia football to Virginia football strictly on an A, AA, and AAA level, here's what I have observed would happen:

A: Talented West Virginia A squads would compare best to the top Virginia Division 1 and decent Division 2 squads. However, with an Elite Division 2 team, say Giles, I see little competition with West Virginia A squads.

AA: Here I believe is the closest match, honestly. I believe the 2004 Bluefield team had the potential to beat even Salem. Outside of once-in-a-decade teams (I do not knock the other Bluefield teams, but the 2004 squad was much better), I think the best West Virginia AA teams match up better with, and could perhaps beat many good Division 3 teams in Virginia, save Richlands. The better Division 4 Virginia teams would in most years have their way with much of West Virginia AA.

AAA: A top-level Virginia team, Division 5 or 6, would annihilate a top-level West Virginia AAA team. If Landstown played Martinsburg, the final score would be 56-0, or some other ugly score. There is no comparison. The elite AAA West Virginia teams would match up well with good Virginia Division 5 teams, but even so, the upper-level Virginia teams are better.

Conclusion: West Virginia A, AA, AAA teams could compete with their smaller counterparts on the Virginia side: Division 1, 3, and 5 respectively. However, when facing Division 2, 4, and 6 teams, I find that the West Virginia teams often cannot compete as effectively, save the exceptional extraordinary teams. Thus, this is my view on West Virginia football compared to Virginia football. Take it as you please.

[/ QUOTE ]

While it's a well thought out argument, there's some bias in that as well, as there always will be for my opinions about bluefield. But in certain seasons you could be correct, others in my opinion you are simply wrong. '04 bluefield had an exceptional game and more experience than I've ever seen on a bluefield team but as has been debated on here, in my opinion they were not at all the best bluefield team in decades, maybe the 4th most physically talented and physical of the last decade.

You also simply greatly underestimate some of the morgantown teams and some of the aaa title teams wv has had.

For all the talk of never could happen in aaa, I recall in '92 when a quarter finalist only bluefield team whopped pulaski county up and down the field physically with relative ease, but 8 turnovers spelled a 1 score defeat for bluefield and that was the season pc had the aaa title in va.

Some seasons are simply different than others in each respective state and among different classifications. And not certain what your suggesting when you write, "save for richlands" about aa competition.

And as for a

"However, with an Elite Division 2 team, say Giles, I see little competition with West Virginia A squads."

giles would likely be hard pressed to even compete with wheeling central or williamstown in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you strictly compare West Virginia football to Virginia football strictly on an A, AA, and AAA level, here's what I have observed would happen:

A: Talented West Virginia A squads would compare best to the top Virginia Division 1 and decent Division 2 squads. However, with an Elite Division 2 team, say Giles, I see little competition with West Virginia A squads.

AA: Here I believe is the closest match, honestly. I believe the 2004 Bluefield team had the potential to beat even Salem. Outside of once-in-a-decade teams (I do not knock the other Bluefield teams, but the 2004 squad was much better), I think the best West Virginia AA teams match up better with, and could perhaps beat many good Division 3 teams in Virginia, save Richlands. The better Division 4 Virginia teams would in most years have their way with much of West Virginia AA.

AAA: A top-level Virginia team, Division 5 or 6, would annihilate a top-level West Virginia AAA team. If Landstown played Martinsburg, the final score would be 56-0, or some other ugly score. There is no comparison. The elite AAA West Virginia teams would match up well with good Virginia Division 5 teams, but even so, the upper-level Virginia teams are better.

Conclusion: West Virginia A, AA, AAA teams could compete with their smaller counterparts on the Virginia side: Division 1, 3, and 5 respectively. However, when facing Division 2, 4, and 6 teams, I find that the West Virginia teams often cannot compete as effectively, save the exceptional extraordinary teams. Thus, this is my view on West Virginia football compared to Virginia football. Take it as you please.

[/ QUOTE ]

While it's a well thought out argument, there's some bias in that as well, as there always will be for my opinions about bluefield. But in certain seasons you could be correct, others in my opinion you are simply wrong. '04 bluefield had an exceptional game and more experience than I've ever seen on a bluefield team but as has been debated on here, in my opinion they were not at all the best bluefield team in decades, maybe the 4th most physically talented and physical of the last decade.

You also simply greatly underestimate some of the morgantown teams and some of the aaa title teams wv has had.

For all the talk of never could happen in aaa, I recall in '92 when a quarter finalist only bluefield team whopped pulaski county up and down the field physically with relative ease, but 8 turnovers spelled a 1 score defeat for bluefield and that was the season pc had the aaa title in va.

Some seasons are simply different than others in each respective state and among different classifications. And not certain what your suggesting when you write, "save for richlands" about aa competition.

And as for a

"However, with an Elite Division 2 team, say Giles, I see little competition with West Virginia A squads."

giles would likely be hard pressed to even compete with wheeling central or williamstown in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesnt matter if they took them up and down the field all day long...it doesnt matter if y beat someone by 100 points or 1 point...A "W" IS A "W"

I agree and wasn't for 1 sec. satisfied with the outcome of the scoreboard of that game, that was frustrating as a fan, but point being bluefield was was able to do what they did and they didn't make it out of the 2nd round in the wv playoffs.

We have to realize that the higher-class VA schools have 2 to 3 times more students than our top schools do. We have around 550 students at BHS, yet nearly every year we have a team that could compete with the middle-class VA schools who have a much bigger population. When you have more people going to your school you can get more money. Money is a big thing in everything we do in life and as sad as it is, money can determine the caliber of a high school football team. I think that is a bit stupid but it is the way the world goes.

[ QUOTE ]

We have to realize that the higher-class VA schools have 2 to 3 times more students than our top schools do. We have around 550 students at BHS, yet nearly every year we have a team that could compete with the middle-class VA schools who have a much bigger population. When you have more people going to your school you can get more money. Money is a big thing in everything we do in life and as sad as it is, money can determine the caliber of a high school football team. I think that is a bit stupid but it is the way the world goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i agree but my point still remains...maybe 2 or 3 Wv schools could compete in VA...but all the rest wouldnt have a shot....and the 2 or 3 had better be good...

[ QUOTE ]

2 or 3? how about 8 or 9. are we talking AA or statewide?

[/ QUOTE ]

8 or 9????????? if u read through this post everyone that isnt from bluefield admits that wv is weak....and everyone admits that 2 or 3 teams can play in va.....

I wouldn'd say that WV is weak. That is a bad way to put it. This comes back to the population thing and money. It seems that there are perinally 2 or 3 great teams in WV that could take a shot at some of the middle-to-upper class VA schools. Yes, I go to Bluefield and you may think I am biased, but our '97 and '04 teams were both amazing teams. You can't take a team like that as a blow-off because of where they are from. I know Morgantown the last few years have been nasty and would have been hard to beat. I know that someone from VA will get on here and say "They were amazing and had good records because they play in WV." I can sit here and honestly say that overall VA is a better state for most, if not all, sports. Let us please stop arguing about something like this. I mean there is no way to tell who is right and who is wrong. Can we just drop it?