Richlands @ Hidden Valley

old_school_blue

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard it might be played at Northside high School!! Right outside of Roanoke!! But hidden valley wants to play at a place they are familiar with. So it prbly wont be moved!! And VHSL cant make them move, it would be Hidden valleys decision!!

[ QUOTE ]

Didn't someone say HV's stadium holds 4k? Ernie Hicks only has an official capacity of 5k so as long as they standing room I don't see a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

The VHSL Handbook says 4500. Who knows how current that is. You can read their info: here. Warning: that is a PDF page.

You can get a visual here That's WDBJ 7's FFE page. Just click on the HV vs. C-burg link.

It's hard to tell from the video but the home stands appear to be about the same as Tazewell, I don't think I saw visiting stands at all.

In 2004 Richlands brought in some temporary bleachers for the Salem game. Maybe HV can do that. They need to expect 2-3k from Richlands.

[ QUOTE ]

I heard it might be played at Northside high School!! Right outside of Roanoke!! But hidden valley wants to play at a place they are familiar with. So it prbly wont be moved!! And VHSL cant make them move, it would be Hidden valleys decision!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about that? I was under the impression the VHSL has to tour the facility and either approve or disapprove it.

The VHSL does have some provisions that a field must meet to hold a state playoff game. There must be fence surrounding the field, or stadium if I am not mistaken. A certain capacity is a minimum, and the field must meet certain criteria if I am not mistaken. I am not exactly sure what all they are, but that is the jist of it I believe.

[ QUOTE ]

The VHSL does have some provisions that a field must meet to hold a state playoff game. There must be fence surrounding the field, or stadium if I am not mistaken. A certain capacity is a minimum, and the field must meet certain criteria if I am not mistaken. I am not exactly sure what all they are, but that is the jist of it I believe.

[/ QUOTE ]

HV does have a fence. I've seen it in WDBJ videos. That min. capacity is the real kicker ... the money for admission does go directly to the VHSL.

[ QUOTE ]

It all started around 92 or so when Parry McCluer's coach complained after being defeated at Appy. After that, certain requirements had to be met for state playoff games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for that info ... I found this crazy link. There's probably more information about this at the VHSL site. I'm bored as all hell so I guess I'll poke around there.

[ QUOTE ]

If a proposal by programs supervisor Larry Johnson passes the executive committee next month, the Virginia High School League at last will address the issue of holding state championship and semifinal playoff football games at adequate facilities. Maybe it took the mud-hewn fields of Appalachia and Richlands to wake up the VHSL into investigating, but Johnson says part of the problem is that in the past, guidelines for sites to hold state playoff games have not been followed. The VHSL was

[/ QUOTE ]

Citation

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hidden Valley looks like us lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that. It's going to look like Richlands vs Grundy except I think they wear blue pants.

[/ QUOTE ]

they'll probably put up more of a fight than grundy also.