Fleming @ Blacksburg

great_state

Lebanon @ Radford  

1. 1. Lebanon @ Radford

Actually, Fleming's district was very weak this year. Lord Botetourt went 3-7, but they were 3-1 in the Blue Ridge, finishing 2nd behind Fleming. William Byrd just seems to have Salem's number, that's the only way to explain that one. Byrd barely beat both Hidden Valley and Cave Spring, two teams that Pulaski and Salem defeated by a combined 171-13.

Fleming has a fast and physical defense. If they don't make mistakes on offense, it's tough to beat them. And Blacksburg was not as good as all of you made them out to be. I think most here would agree that the Graham team that Blacksburg beat was not a very good football team. If they were to play now, it would be a totally different game.

That they are my friend. Those boys are monsters on the line!!! They have got some good speed but the offense is slow to get going against a good defense. Their d however is extremely stingy and you can forget running against them!! Magna Vista was beating them by 1 at half when they played them earlier in the year but injuries kicked in and that's all she wrote in the 2nd quarter after 5 players on both sides of the ball were out for MV. MV had them but just laid down when half their team plus their coach werent there.

The Colonels definitely had Blacksburg's number this year, and we'll see how they match up against the Seminole District Minutemen.

As for Blacksburg being overrated, I'm not too sure about that. The Bruins went 9-1, beat three playoff teams + Salem and Pulaski and were only blown out of one game. I would like to see them play Graham again, because I think it would be a great game, but I wouldn't hand the G-Men the victory in a rematch.