Magna Vista 20 Richlands 13

BigD4VT

This was a whale of a football game. Both teams played well. Richlands had a real chance in the fourth quarter (and no, I don't think MV slacked off), but as usual our inability to manage the fourth quarter of a BIG GAME cost us. The defense played very well and MV's second touchdown can't be blamed entirely on them. Magna Vista had a very short field to work with. Now, I'm not one to complain about officiating. But those guy's should be ashamed of themselves. the left tackle for Magna Vista was getting an early jump on every play and it wasn't being called. Finally in the fourth quarter I yelled to the refs at the top of my lungs to watch him. "Watch the him ref" "he's jumping every play". I know they heard me because they flagged him for it on the very next play. He stopped jumping for a little while after that but was soon back at it. Earlier in the game our SE was ejected for a fight started by the other guy. Add a TD catch that was ruled incomplete, and a blatant pass interference that wasn't called, and the refs really hosed Richlands. Magna Vista might have won the game anyway but it would be nice to play on even terms. Anyway, congratulations to Magna Vista. Good luck against Carroll County.

Sounds like it was a good game. At the CC/Abington game the talk was that it was a 20-0 game, but you can't always depend on "the grapevine". I have watched several games this year and it seem like their is a dispute of somekind regarding the officiating in every game. Of course, the colleges have it also, but not to the extent that we have had it in football this year. I think that they may have problems getting people to officiate these games and a smaller pool of officials has led to a drop off in quality. I was hoping we could have a regional championship game between two SWD teams, but we'll do our best to keep it in the district. Sounds like MV has a good team. Congratulations on a winning season.

It is always funny how you can get 2 different viewpoints of the same game depending on what side you sit on. We thought we got "hosed" on several phathom holding calls on long runs we made(looked at the tape hadn't found one yet). Also you said that MV didn't slack off and I agree they did continue to play hard but once they got ahead 20-0 in the fourth they went away from what they do best and that is blitz and put pressure on the offense. Richlands hadn't really moved the ball all game until we went up 20-0 and dropped back in our stupid version of a prevent defense. This allowed Brown,who by the way is one helluva player(I remember the pounding he took down here last year and he just kept coming back for more) to have way to much time to find his receivers or either tuck it and run. Our 2 inside backers were 15-20 yards back downfield and they haven't been that far from the line of scrimmage all year. Richlands had a good team and gave us all we wanted but to say ya'll lost because you got hosed is kind of sour grapes.

I didn't think the refs were great but I think in retrospect we had more penalties than you and so therefore to me they could be called "bad both ways!!"

From what I hear, take it for what you want, but pdman is absolutely correct. From the standpoint of Magna Vista fans there were bad calls on both sides of the ball, not just for one team. I have talked to a few people on the sidelines in particularly that have said that once MV got up 20-0 the kids kind of got that big head attitude which is somewhat expected from a young team like that. I would expect the kids to be more focused than ever on taking care of business against Carroll County. pdman can correct me on this if I'm wrong but one of the players told me that the line seemed to be having alot of problems throughout the game and they he felt they needed to have an excellent week of practice to bounce back from what he thought could have been a much better performance. The kids just thought the game was over in the 4th when there was still time on the clock. That's something you just can't do.

some of us felt the refs were making some "makeup" calls to cover for mistakes. And I don't think Richlands lost because of the refs. We lost because Magna Vista is a good team, AND because we were outcoached. I think your 2nd and 3rd TD's were aided by us going into "panic mode" in the 3rd quarter only down by 7. Back to the refs. You said you saw the tape. Look at the left tackle #70...he got an early jump on just about every play but wasn't called until I got the refs attention with my big mouth. Of course that also goes back to our coaching because It should have been Mance's big mouth that got their attention.

#70 was firing off the ball faster than anyone else.He was going on the snap, he was firing out low and hard.That was the worst game Magna Vista have played all year.They played in the 3rd and that was it.The Warriors need to get their heads right and play ball a whole game.It start Monday give 100% at practice and it will show on the field.You guys know what happen when you come to the "HOLE" you get your ___ kick.

That honestly wouldn't suprise me VT that the line was going after the snap. From what I understand there were problems on the line all night long. I'm sure this will all be addressed come monday. Magna Vista has one of the best coaching staffs in Region IV and they will have the boys ready for Carroll County!!! I think that for some reason some of the guys may have overlooked Richlands which I had warned could not be done. Great game to both teams though. From what I hear that Richlands QB is one heck of an athlete. I've heard that from quite a few people since last night.

first of all, MV had a lot more penalties than richlands did during the game friday night, i was there and i noticed the left tackle jumped off the ball a little bit early sometimes, but not every play, and the TD pass wasnt incomplete, the reciever caught it fair and sqaure and got nailed in the air which caused him to land out of bounds but it was still in his possesion which is a complete pass in my book and obviously and refs book too because it was ruled a TD if it was incomplete they wouldnt have put the points on the board...

The questionable play that the post was originally talking about was one that happened maybe 2 plays before the touchdown so the so called incomplete pass, which on film, was an incomplete pass, really didn't matter. Richlands put points on the board and that one play did not "Cost" them the game.

I never said the refs cost us the game. I never said MV didn't have penalties. I'm just saying the refs did a terrible job. I don't blame any MV points on the refs. I don't blame any points Richlands didn't get on the refs. I think Magna Vista wins the game anyway but it would have been nice to play the game without the bad/missed calls.

yes i agree too, i understand your point, but we must agree that the refs did a bad job on both sides, but they are human too every makes mistakes but some of the plays were almost next to obvious that the refs didnt call for both sides they did a terrible job friday night i agree i apoligize if the wrong attitude was taken

whoever thinks magna vista quit during the 4th quarter is a idoit i was there and all the starters were in for mv and the r-landz team had one of there star players out in tatum and didnt have two solid players in hamilton and cordle. the richlands team made a four hour trip to nowhere and played a great game despite the obsticals they faced watch out next year r-lands will be the team to beat

You can have starters in the game and still slack off. It's called prevent defense and kids getting the big head. Aparantly you don't pay enough attention to they type of D people are running to realize that. Please have an educated explanation next time you get on here. Your name alone "Tazwell Sucks" tells me you are nothing more than a juvenile trying to stir something up!!!