Graham G-Men in 2007?

ghs84

[ QUOTE ]

carlock did have high expectations and had he been on the sidelines calling the shots of course our season would have went differently but hes gone and sadly missed but we need to get back to playing the way we are capable of.if everyone from Graham believes we will never have the same type of seasons were use to i think your wrong.of course we will take a blow this year to graduation but every time weve been doubted we prove otherwise.i think we will have a good year in 2007.i will never believe any of us will see any Graham team go 1-9 i just refuse to believe that.and anyone who thinks that isnt giving our school a chance.shame on you.for those that have doubts about the g-men future here are a few reasons i think we will be fine in 2007 #1 Dominique Lane #5 Will Cole #7 Seth Tibbs #11 John Brewster #21 Tyler Barreras #22 J K Goins #25 Jim Halsey #32 Ronnie Scott #65 Jarrod Bailey #70 Josh Mooney #80 Casey Barreras and these are just a few who either started all season or played in every game with the exception of #1 lane the freshman who will be a star RB so dont rule us out just yet,i have faith in these young G-Men and i will get behind them 110 % GO G-MEN

[/ QUOTE ] I heard that #7 Tibbs and #22 Goins won't be playing.....if so that could hurt the team who all will Graham have though other then mentioned who will step up for tj carper in the secondary and in the back field who will step up for steven brown?

oh well if Lane gets into the weight room and works on some balance then he will be one heck of a back....scott and barrerras will be great hard runners and will standout very much next year....tibbs if playing needs to work on tackeling and not overplaying the run....he could be a good player if trying but #65 on the line will be a great player also the only one i did see and this was towards the end of the season is #61 he didn't impress me much ...but Graham should be a contender next season good luck to the G-men

[ QUOTE ]

Just what if this team went 9-1 this year, losing to only Richlands. Winning one in the playoffs and losing in the finals to Richlands. 10-2 record and sitting home. They could be the second best team in the state at 7-5 or 10-2. But they were not as good as Richlands. They had their chance with all mistakes Richlands made. Any way you look at it they would be sitting at home. Could they have beaten most of the other play off teams? More than likely. The same could be said about Salem, they are the second best team in division 4, but they could not beat Amherst if they played again. Graham was good and they played hard. As far as the coaching, I see a team that was always prepared and made you be prepared when you had to play them. If you ask Richlands they would rather play someone else then to have to play Graham again. No staff will ever replace Coach Carlock, so you might as well get over it and stop comparing. You could also tell what play coach was going to run by the formation, he knew it also, but you still had to stop it. The bad thing is if you stopped it you were going to see it over and over again.

In closing, be happy you have a staff that is willing to put the amount of time in that they do. You are luckier than you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stubby, you just nailed it!!! I wrote a diatribe on this issue Saturday evening that had many more barbs, lots of truth and explanations, and probably would have hurt the feelings of many Graham fans and some of my friends.

In the end, I chose not to post it.

Fortunately, you have touched on one of the many issues I wrote about and hopefully the few "restless" Graham fans will take a look at reality and understand what you said is 100% accurate and true.

Honestly, I don't think all the "anger" towards the Graham coaches comes from what has happened on the field this season...I believe that some are letting other issues cloud their judgement...just my $.02...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yes Goins#22 is playing next year

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys might want to watch our for Gmen22.someone said he was gay?

[/ QUOTE ] I heard that GHS32 likes to take showers with other guys thats the only reason he plays football

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Yes Goins#22 is playing next year

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys might want to watch our for Gmen22.someone said he was gay?

[/ QUOTE ] I heard that GHS32 likes to take showers with other guys thats the only reason he plays football

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear that G-Man likes to ban children for making stupid posts...

i expect graham and tazewell to be evenly matched next year........i really think the swd overall will be down, and i don't see anyone in the district competing with richlands.....i expect richlands to put up some pretty lopsided numbers against district competiion

i dont know how things will pan out.but we do have some really good players coming back who want to play,so its a long wait i know,but i think we will have a better year than most think.i remember one year Graham had an awesome team won state and lost a truck load then came back the next year and suprised everyone and done real good.so i guess the one thing you cant do is predict how a season is gonna go until it starts.everyone work hard this offseason because believe me if you dedicate to the weight room it will pay big dividends in august.

In year's past, for several different area teams. After losing a lot to graduation, some folks have said the team will suck the following year...only to have a better team than the year before. A lot depends on how good the other teams are too.....Who exactly do they have returning?...I'm still predicting next to last

[ QUOTE ]

In year's past, for several different area teams. After losing a lot to graduation, some folks have said the team will suck the following year...only to have a better team than the year before. A lot depends on how good the other teams are too.....Who exactly do they have returning?...I'm still predicting next to last

[/ QUOTE ]

dominique lane-young but has the talent to be great,will cole-will pick it up a notch,johnathan brewster-experienced and a powerful package,tyler berreras-a true stud at fullback,jk goins-he will be a big suprise next year,jim halsey-has a knack for getting open and can catch good,ben scott and ronnie scott-the one two punch,jarrod bailey-learned alot this past year,josh mooney-BIG,these are just a few that will be stepping it up and i dont expect us to finish next to last.i believe we have some young men with great big hearts and desire who have been waiting for there turn.

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

carlock did have high expectations and had he been on the sidelines calling the shots of course our season would have went differently but hes gone and sadly missed but we need to get back to playing the way we are capable of.if everyone from Graham believes we will never have the same type of seasons were use to i think your wrong.of course we will take a blow this year to graduation but every time weve been doubted we prove otherwise.i think we will have a good year in 2007.i will never believe any of us will see any Graham team go 1-9 i just refuse to believe that.and anyone who thinks that isnt giving our school a chance.shame on you.for those that have doubts about the g-men future here are a few reasons i think we will be fine in 2007 #1 Dominique Lane #5 Will Cole #7 Seth Tibbs #11 John Brewster #21 Tyler Barreras #22 J K Goins #25 Jim Halsey #32 Ronnie Scott #65 Jarrod Bailey #70 Josh Mooney #80 Casey Barreras and these are just a few who either started all season or played in every game with the exception of #1 lane the freshman who will be a star RB so dont rule us out just yet,i have faith in these young G-Men and i will get behind them 110 % GO G-MEN

[/ QUOTE ] I heard that #7 Tibbs and #22 Goins won't be playing.....if so that could hurt the team who all will Graham have though other then mentioned who will step up for tj carper in the secondary and in the back field who will step up for steven brown?

[/ QUOTE ]josh mooney didnt even start this year,nor did he step on the field for anything but to warm up with the team i did and everybody has been calling me josh mooney my name is josh halsey for pete's sake just because we look the same in pads dosent equal us in playing ability (thank you)not trying to be rude but its getting kinda anoying so not trying to be a butt hole just trying to right a wrong

• 2 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

The beavers will eat them alive...... BHS 42

GHS 21

For the big BEAVER/GRAHAM Game!!!! yea baby

[/ QUOTE ]

Man please don't start That already we know what happend last year bluefield has the better team and still gets blasted