Which 3 games would you most like to see?

buzzsawBeaver

Oakhill at Bluefield  

1. 1. Oakhill at Bluefield

<font color="blue"> Actually I did consider princeton graham, princeton pulaski county, beckley pulaski county and bluefield powell valley, but I figured that would have been to many games to vote for overall.

The bigger emphasis was on games that have never been played, and might not ever be played, such as bluefield gate city or bluefield salem. </font>

<font color="blue"> Yeah the graham powell valley posts were the idea for this, although we'd written about bluefield gate city or salem on the other message board before.

Bluefield has played 1 1a team in modern football history that I know of, Pikeville Ky, in '95, but they likely counted as aa for bluefield. But that's the thing about those gate city powell valley games for bluefield, they would count as aa teams in wv, so they aren't unreasonable. Unlikely to ever be scheduled, but it wouldn't be a matter of concern of classification.

That said, appreciate the work on this message board, it really compliments the swva football site, and is 1 of the better sports message boards I've seen. </font>

cool.gifThese are the kind of topics I love to see. I would love for GC to play Bluefield and Graham. When the schedules were being put together for this year, all the talk was about nobody playing down. (like Graham's policy of not playing any A teams) That would have killed GC's non-LPD schedule. I heard that we were looking at playing Austin-East in Knoxville (perinial AA Tennessee power), Cloudland, and Breathitt Co. among others. I would rather get beat in a close game with an Austin East or Bluefield than beat Lee 61-0. That does nothing for your team. I miss the old GC vs. Graham rivalry so bad. I may not get the chance to see Bradshaw play (with the exception of the videos) and it is absolutely killing me. I had a chance to see Graham and Greenville last year and did not go. I regret that decision, as it sounded like a great game.

A lot of these posts are speculation and opinion, which makes it so great. Last year I would have loved to play William Campbell. Everyone raved about how bad they beat Appy. Peerman was scoring TD's in the final minute.

Coach Colobro WILL NOT run the score up on anyone. I approached him once 15 years ago and asked him why not (pay attention to this answer) he said "I may hate that coach, or coordinator across the field, but you embarrass the kids and their families. And those kids gave everything out there tonight and I wouldn't hurt them for anything, they are just kids playing football." That's good enough for me.

<font color="brown"> "I would rather get beat in a close game with an Austin East or Bluefield than beat Lee 61-0."

Which I agree with about gate city, salem ect., and likely others here at bluefield to as well.

The big thing is you all schedule Lee and feel this way, and bluefield schedules Lee and overall likely feels that way, so with all due respect to lee high and their program and fans, bluefield and gate city should do away with lee high and schedule each other. I doubt lee high would care much and might prefer some different opponents.

Bluefield has their 1 or 2 lower caliber programs on the scehdule in most seasons whether it's lee or not, they should contact the gate city caliber teams and suggest a series.

I'd be surprised if lee still cares to schedule bluefield in '04 anyhow, but maybe they do who knows.

Anyhow gate city's coach colobro is exactly correct about that attitude of big margin's of victories, it's the players that matter. It's good to read that.

Coach Simon has done very well about that this season also. against Lee bluefield scored on the 1st or 2nd play of the 2nd quarter to go up by 33, and bluefield started substituting.

Lee's coach actually had a very complimentary quote about bluefield for that after the game which I thought was 1 of the best compliments bluefield could have and has had in a few seasons.

And the starters were out of the game against liberty raleigh with around 8 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter up by 30 some.

Anyhow, maybe the only things between some better games is the phone and some advance notice. </font>