Where are the fans???

jmarcum

I was wondering how everyones attendance is on road games? Grundy's attendance is very very low on games they play on the road but the fans that attend are very loud. Last game against Fieldsdale Collinsville we had at the most 25 fans.

I wish more people took interest in their local football teams.

To be fair, that is one heck of a ride from Grundy to Henry County.

I know that Blacksburg travels well to Christiansburg and Giles...not sure about other games, although I'd hope they could bring some people to Salem and Pulaski.

A little off subject since Hurley didn't make the playoffs...

But, Hurley had 50+ fans at every road game I attended (I only missed the Honaker game due to work that Thursday night), the highest turnout being nearly 100 for the game @ East Ridge, KY.

Thats a loyal following.

Josh

i think has one of the best turnouts for home and away games but carroll co. also has great support also the more games you win or the better your team is ,the turnouts seem much higher

Its more along the lines of 35 miles (longer if you travel through Grundy), but regardless, prior to this year, the past couple of seasons, Hurley barely got the parents to go to games, much less students, alumni, fans, et al.

Josh

Richlands travels very well. We outnumbered the home crowd at several games. Even took several hundred to Magna Vista. As far as fans visiting Richlands...Grundy and Graham both brought a bunch. Good turnout by Abingdon as well. Gate City probably brought the fewest but they were the farthest away.

[ QUOTE ]

At the Graham vs. CC game this year, looked to me like CC had just as many people at the game as Graham did?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was sitting on the Carroll side at that game. Several others from Richlands were as well (most of the RHS coaches were there). I saw several people from Tazewell too. I think a lot of people wanted to see the "SWD Championship" and see Bradshaw.