VHS Basketball

bearcats

The moral on the team is the worst I have seen it. The team has had 3 scrimmages and have gotten beat in all three. There is no team unity, leadership, or enthusiasm whatsoever. It could be a long season. I thought the past several years were hard to sit through but this year could be the worst ever. I could forsee them not winning a game. There is alot of talent on the team but it doesn't seem to be coming out. I never expected them to win state but I did expect them to be competetive and win some games. Most of the Juniors on the team have been together since grade school. Sad, really sad.

They lost to Patrick Henry of Glade Spring in overtime and to Daniel Boone and Davey Crockett by over 30 points each. Then Abingdon plays after us and beats Daniel Boone by 10 and probably destroyed Davey Crockett. They played after we had already left. As far as Battle goes, the will be greatly improved and unless we do something in the next week...could be doubtful for a win. But who knows.