RR staying at WVU...

GMan

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I didn't write anything about top 10 sos specifically, the debate was about conference occ strength, and the fact is most, I don't know about all, but most of the big east teams don't have quality occ schedules, certainly not the top big east teams.

The fact of the matter is there's not any way you could suggest that wv's sos is stronger than most teams in strong conferences. Their conferences schedules themselves are more difficult than the top big easts teams' overall schedules.

[/ QUOTE ]

The argument was on OOC SOS and you disagreed with me that most schools have easy OOC schedules. My point was that 70-80% of the top 10 teams out very easy ooc schedules. Then I provided you a link that suggests WVU's overall schedule is tougher than many good teams. You CAN'T refute that!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"nothing" about top 10 was in my argument, and nothing changes the fact that I don't agree about a lot of teams having easy occ schedules, even 1 game against a strong team makes a big difference.

Tenn. schedule for example, 1 good ranked team in cal, air force and 2 conference usa teams ooc. I'd also use that as an example of a typical sec schedule.

Sat, Sep 2 (9) California

Sat, Sep 9 Air Force

Sat, Sep 16 (7) Florida

Sat, Sep 23 Marshall

Sat, Sep 30 at Memphis

Sat, Oct 7 at (10) Georgia

Sat, Oct 21 Alabama

Sat, Oct 28 at South Carolina

Sat, Nov 4 (13) LSU

Sat, Nov 11 at (11) Arkansas

Sat, Nov 18 at Vanderbilt

Sat, Nov 25 Kentucky

"Then I provided you a link that suggests WVU's overall schedule is tougher than many good teams. You CAN'T refute that!!"

That's ridiculous. There's not 1 team in the sec that has an easier schedule than wv, and that goes for most any other bcs conference. Wv had 2 hard games on their schedule. Sos "rankings" in college don't reflect real sos, they never have, they base it on records yet the formulas don't emphasize that a lot of teams in the top conferences have lesser records because of that very fact that they play alot more strong teams and have a more difficult schedule. I maintain there has never been enough emphasis on sos in the college level formula....

Don't talk yourself into thinking that wv has a strong schedule or even a respectable schedule, for a ranked team, beause they don't..

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

"nothing" about top 10 was in my argument, and nothing changes the fact that I don't agree about a lot of teams having easy occ schedules, even 1 game against a strong team makes a big difference.

Tenn. schedule for example, 1 good ranked team in cal, air force and 2 conference usa teams ooc. I'd also use that as an example of a typical sec schedule.

Sat, Sep 2 (9) California

Sat, Sep 9 Air Force

Sat, Sep 16 (7) Florida

Sat, Sep 23 Marshall

Sat, Sep 30 at Memphis

Sat, Oct 7 at (10) Georgia

Sat, Oct 21 Alabama

Sat, Oct 28 at South Carolina

Sat, Nov 4 (13) LSU

Sat, Nov 11 at (11) Arkansas

Sat, Nov 18 at Vanderbilt

Sat, Nov 25 Kentucky

"Then I provided you a link that suggests WVU's overall schedule is tougher than many good teams. You CAN'T refute that!!"

That's ridiculous. There's not 1 team in the sec that has an easier schedule than wv, and that goes for most any other bcs conference. Wv had 2 hard games on their schedule. Sos "rankings" in college don't reflect real sos, they never have, they base it on records yet the formulas don't emphasize that a lot of teams in the top conferences have lesser records because of that very fact that they play alot more strong teams and have a more difficult schedule. I maintain there has never been enough emphasis on sos in the college level formula....

Don't talk yourself into thinking that wv has a strong schedule or even a respectable schedule, for a ranked team, beause they don't..

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the top 10 as an example. How many times do I have to point this out? Out of the top 10 their were only 3 teams who could claim to have a tough schedule. Ohio St had ONE real tough game. USC had a real tough schedule. Oklahoma played some decent ooc teams. That leaves the other 7 without playing anyone any good. When I get the time I will look through 10-20 and so on and prove to you that most teams play an easy ooc schedule. Was WVU's ooc difficult? No not exactly but neither is most teams.

"Then I provided you a link that suggests WVU's overall schedule is tougher than many good teams."

fact is your likely not qualified to recognize quality of schedule if you are able to tell yourself that wv's schedule is harder than many good teams. Browse through sec schedules and results, you'll read that many teams in that conference play at least 5 ranked teams, and at least 1 quality occ game. Even in the acc most have at least 3 ranked teams on their schedule and stronger ooc schedules.

You're attempting to tell people that wv's schedule is difficult, they had 2 games against ranked teams, rutgers an overrated ranked team, and louiville, and a low quality occ schedule.

I agree. The two tough games are Rutgers and Ville. Both of whom played no one and got the top 25 status based on wins and loses. Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, The Barn, heck any SEC team plays a tougher schedule. You are wrong and are fighting a losing battle. Even WVU fans will tell you they are highly ranked year in and year out based on the presumption they (WVU) "should" go undefeated every year. Please, if they had a decent schedule they would not have been ranked. Cmon now I know you like your team but give this up its rediculous.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

"Then I provided you a link that suggests WVU's overall schedule is tougher than many good teams."

fact is your likely not qualified to recognize quality of schedule if you are able to tell yourself that wv's schedule is harder than many good teams. Browse through sec schedules and results, you'll read that many teams in that conference play at least 5 ranked teams, and at least 1 quality occ game. Even in the acc most have at least 3 ranked teams on their schedule and stronger ooc schedules.

You're attempting to tell people that wv's schedule is difficult, they had 2 games against ranked teams, rutgers an overrated ranked team, and louiville, and a low quality occ schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

You told me to browse through the SEC ooc schedule and I did. You said that many of those teams had at least one quality opponent. So my question for you is what is your defintion as many?

Tennessee - Air Force, Marshall, Memphis?

Florida - Southern Miss, Central Fla, Western Carolina?

Georgia - Western Kentucky, UAB, Colorado?

Kentucky - Lousiville, TX State, C Michigan, La Monroe: I'll give them louisville but look at the other 3.

South Carolina - Wofford, Fla Atlantic, Middle Tenn. St?

vanderbilt - Michigan, Tenn St, and Temple: Ill give you that one because of Michigan.

Arkansas - played 3 weak teams but I'll give you that one because of USC.

Auburn - Washington St, Buffalo, Tulane, Arkansas St?

LSU - la Lafayette, Arizona, Tulane, Fresno St.?

Ole Miss - Memphs, Missouri, Wake Forest, N Western State - Not too bad with wake and missouri

Miss St - Tulane, UAB, WVU, and Jacksonville st: WVU the only ranked team there but i'll give it to you.

Alabama - Hawaai, La Monroe, Duke, Fla International?

So is 4 teams considered many out of 12? Because I don't see the so called quality opponents that you claim all of these teams played.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Sat, Sep 2 Marshall W 42-10 --

Sat, Sep 9 Eastern Washington W 52-3 --

Thu, Sep 14 Maryland W 45-24 --

Sat, Sep 23 at East Carolina W 27-10 Sat, Oct 7 at Mississippi State W 42-14 Sat, Oct 14 Syracuse W 41-17 --

Fri, Oct 20 at Connecticut W 37-11 --

Thu, Nov 2 at (5) Louisville L 34-44 --

Sat, Nov 11 Cincinnati W 42-24 --

Thu, Nov 16 at Pittsburgh W 45-27 --

Sat, Nov 25 South Florida L 19-24 --

Sat, Dec 2 (13) Rutgers W 41-39 --

You cannot be serious. Find a team with a easier schedule... I quit you are rediculous and obviously unaware of the real world around you. I can name 20 school that deserve to be in the bowl WVU is playing in based on their schedule. I give up this is pointless. WVU is a POWERHOUSE and have a long tradition of being a JUGGERNAUT heres to 0 national championships and a string of Big Least titles. EIEIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! blush.gif You should be ashamed to even post such bull****! They offer night classes for adults who did not recieve a GED.grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is WVU's OOC schedule equal to the SEC schools listed above, YES or NO?

[ QUOTE ]

I never said I played for BAMA must be living in the Big Least fantasy again.( YES YOU DID YOU SAID ''WE'') The only reason that you have ranked teams is because there is no out of confrence competition and your team is horrible.(ACTUALLY WE PLAYED AN SEC TEAM AND WHIPPED THEIR CANDY A'S) Please teams are ranked by wins and losses, (OF COURSE THEY ARE HOW ELSE WOULD YOU RANK THEM, I MEAN SHOULDNT THEY TRY TO WIN) the BCS doesnt tabulate a strength of schedule based on opponents true strength. Its based on wins and losses. (WRONG THY ART, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE CUMPUTOR POLL IF FOR) Have you really looked at the BIG LEAST its right there with the SunBelt. (NO ACTUALLY THE BIG EAST IS IN THE EAST AND THE SUNBELT IS IN THE SOUTH AND WEST)God help you poor blind, imbred hillbillies. (SORRY BUT MY DAD AND MOM WASNT KIN AND I LIVE IN VA MYSELF JUST LIKE YOU MR ALAS HERO WITH 12 NC'S)Alabama is not in the top ten(AMEN) in the loss of teeth per capita. (YEAH THEM THERE IS SOME REALLY SMART ONES DOWN THEIR IN SWEET HOME ALA I MEAN IT ISNT LIKE ITS THE GOOD OL' BOYS IN THE RED NECK CAPT OF THE WORLD)I dont give a darn about the BigLeast you all are the only ones watching it. ( HIGHEST RANKED THURSDAY NIGHT GAME IN ESPN HIST HIGHEST WATCHED FRID NIGHT GAME IN ESPN HIST... SOMEONE IS WATCHING IT) Bama lost to 5 top 15 schools this year, ( CAUSE THATS ALL THEY PLAED IF THEY HAD PLAYED 15 TOP 15 TEAMS THEY WOULD HAVE LOST TO 15 OF 15 )put that in your pipe and smoke it! ( I DONT DO DRUNGS... THEY FALL OUT THE HOLES IN MY TEETH) You lost 2 and one was to the 5th best team in the STATE of FLORIDA!( HUM SFL... WHO IS BETTER DOWN THEIR? 4 OTHER TEAMS4? GOSH LIKE WHO? NOT 6-6 MU NOT 6-6 FLA STATE... ACTUALLY WVU LOST TO SFL THE BEST TEAM IN FLA CAUSE WHITE WAS HURT BUT WE DONT NEED EXCUSES FOR THE TEAMS WE PULL FOR... CAN YOU SAY GATOR BOWL)We actually have 6 teams that have been ranked in the top 25 this year and one playing for a NC. ( THERE'S THAT WE WORD AGAIN.. GLAD A GUY IN BLFD VA OWNS THE SEC) Jealousy is a bi***! ( JEALOUS OF LOSERSSSSSS, NAH DONT THINK SO) Stay in the Big Least and pray one day you get a shot at a NC. (SORRY GOT OTHER THINGS TO PRAY FOR LIKE GETTING OUT OF THIS TRAILOR PARK AND GETTING ME SOME FALSE TEETH) Darn Rutgers was a top team in your confrence and the head coach and team has a losing record over the history of the school.( GUESS THATS WHY THEY DONT COUNT THE WHOLE HISTORY ON HOW YOU ARE RATED EACH YEAR) I can wait a few more years if need be, ( WELL GUESS WHAT YOU DO. YOUR TIDE DONT EVEN HAVE A COACH AND IF THEY DID THEY WOULD RUN HIM OFF CAUSE HE CANT WIN NC'S LIKE YOU DID 12 TIMES WHEN YOU PLAYED THERE)you have been waiting since the 1800s and will be sitting patiently after I am dead.(TRUE I WILL OUT LIVE YOU. CAUSE I DONT SMOKE STUFF, BUT I AINT THAT OLD. I LOVE THE GAME, I WAS BORN IN 62 DIDNT KNBOW WHAT FOOTBALL WAS UNTIL ABOUT 67 OR SO AND JUST LOVE TO SEE MY TEAM PLAY) Grab some tires, throw um on the roof, pop open a cold one and kiss your sister its gonna be a long time. (SORRY DUDE I CAN GET A REAL GF... AND LIKE I SAID YOU TALK ABOUT YOUR FELLOW MAN JUST A FEW MILE ACROSS THE STATE LINE AND ANYWHERE ELSE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU. LOOK OUTSIDE. YOU ARE IN THE AP MTS YOURSELF. HILLS... YOU MY DEAR SIR AM A HILLBILLIE FACE IT) RR left a gold mine for a coal mine. ( IM PROUD OF THE COAL MINES THEY PAY ALOT OF PEOPLES LIVIN AROUND HERE, BTW THEY ARE COAL MINES IN BAMMA TOO. NO GOLD MINES THERE) EIEIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! smirk.gif The BCS only alows the Big Least to keep the bid due to imbalance otherwise throughout the real conferences. ( OR MAYBE CAUSE THEY BEAT UP ON THE ACC AND SEC THIS YEAR) Look it up, but its now the laughing stock (Big Least) of every message board I have looked on.

(CAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HATE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THESE MTS THAT I ACTUALLY LOVE)Go somewhere else and post this nonsense and see how far it gets you.

[/ QUOTE ]( NOT TRYING TO GET ANYWHERE, DONT OWN A BANJO, AINT A REDNECK, AINT RACIST SO I GUESS ILL STAY HERE IN GOOD OLD TAZEWELL VA)

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

there's lots of stronger ooc schedules in the sec, nor was I only writing about ooc schedules, reread what I wrote about browsing through the sec schedules, overall sos was the main argument in that.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA you are wrong again. Do you remember typing this:

"and who has an 80% winning percentage agaist out of con teams?..."

top 3 big east teams played these occ teams,

mu, eastern washington, maryland, east carolina, miss st

ky, k st., miami, temple, middle tn,

nc, illinois, oh, howard, navy

You are the one that brought up the whole ooc scheduling. I proved you wrong with facts so now you have to back track. How can you say that the ooc schedules that I just put up there are "a lot stronger" than WVU's ooc schedule? Do you have that much blind hatred for WVU? Name the teams there besides the ones that I pointed out whose ooc schedules are a lot harder than WVU's. Please

you're combining 2 different posts, that's ridiculous. There was nothing sec exclusive about ooc schedules in the post you quoted.

Nor was there anything exclusivley ooc schedule related when I told you in a later post to browse through the sec schedules.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

you're combining 2 different posts, that's ridiculous. There was nothing sec exclusive about ooc schedules in the post you quoted.

Nor was there anything exclusivley ooc schedule related when I told you in a later post to browse through the sec schedules.

[/ QUOTE ]

You started the OOC crap and Yes you DID mention ooc schedules and the sec in the SAME post. You said the SEC plays at least 5 ranked teams and at least ONE quality opponent. Go back and look. Thats when I posted the SEC's non conference schedule and proved that the majority of the league didn't play a tough team like you said.

actually someone else wrote about the big east team's % occ results that I 1st responded to, quote that.

"Yes you DID mention ooc schedules and the sec in the SAME post. You said the SEC plays at least 5 ranked teams and at least ONE quality opponent. Go back and look."

Nor was there anything "exclusivley" ooc schedule related when I told you in a later post to browse through the sec schedules."

dictionary, "exclusively", you'll have your answer.

you're not going to put words in my mouth, that might be done with someone else but not in this.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

actually someone else wrote about the big east team's % occ results that I 1st responded to, quote that.

"Yes you DID mention ooc schedules and the sec in the SAME post. You said the SEC plays at least 5 ranked teams and at least ONE quality opponent. Go back and look."

Nor was there anything "exclusivley" ooc schedule related when I told you in a later post to browse through the sec schedules."

dictionary, "exclusively", you'll have your answer.

you're not going to put words in my mouth, that might be done with someone else but not in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one is putting words in your mouth. You are simply trying to spin what you say and its so obvious. Who cares if you mean "exclusiviely" or not?? You tried to degrade West Virginia's OOC and Big East schedule and I am defending them. I defended their ooc by comparing it to other schools. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what you think because the nation has new found respect for the Big East. Thats why if WVU or Losuiville could have went undefeated then they would be playing for a National Championship and thats the Truth.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I never said I played for BAMA must be living in the Big Least fantasy again.( YES YOU DID YOU SAID ''WE'') The only reason that you have ranked teams is because there is no out of confrence competition and your team is horrible.(ACTUALLY WE PLAYED AN SEC TEAM AND WHIPPED THEIR CANDY A'S) Please teams are ranked by wins and losses, (OF COURSE THEY ARE HOW ELSE WOULD YOU RANK THEM, I MEAN SHOULDNT THEY TRY TO WIN) the BCS doesnt tabulate a strength of schedule based on opponents true strength. Its based on wins and losses. (WRONG THY ART, WHAT DO YOU THINK THE CUMPUTOR POLL IF FOR) Have you really looked at the BIG LEAST its right there with the SunBelt. (NO ACTUALLY THE BIG EAST IS IN THE EAST AND THE SUNBELT IS IN THE SOUTH AND WEST)God help you poor blind, imbred hillbillies. (SORRY BUT MY DAD AND MOM WASNT KIN AND I LIVE IN VA MYSELF JUST LIKE YOU MR ALAS HERO WITH 12 NC'S)Alabama is not in the top ten(AMEN) in the loss of teeth per capita. (YEAH THEM THERE IS SOME REALLY SMART ONES DOWN THEIR IN SWEET HOME ALA I MEAN IT ISNT LIKE ITS THE GOOD OL' BOYS IN THE RED NECK CAPT OF THE WORLD)I dont give a darn about the BigLeast you all are the only ones watching it. ( HIGHEST RANKED THURSDAY NIGHT GAME IN ESPN HIST HIGHEST WATCHED FRID NIGHT GAME IN ESPN HIST... SOMEONE IS WATCHING IT) Bama lost to 5 top 15 schools this year, ( CAUSE THATS ALL THEY PLAED IF THEY HAD PLAYED 15 TOP 15 TEAMS THEY WOULD HAVE LOST TO 15 OF 15 )put that in your pipe and smoke it! ( I DONT DO DRUNGS... THEY FALL OUT THE HOLES IN MY TEETH) You lost 2 and one was to the 5th best team in the STATE of FLORIDA!( HUM SFL... WHO IS BETTER DOWN THEIR? 4 OTHER TEAMS4? GOSH LIKE WHO? NOT 6-6 MU NOT 6-6 FLA STATE... ACTUALLY WVU LOST TO SFL THE BEST TEAM IN FLA CAUSE WHITE WAS HURT BUT WE DONT NEED EXCUSES FOR THE TEAMS WE PULL FOR... CAN YOU SAY GATOR BOWL)We actually have 6 teams that have been ranked in the top 25 this year and one playing for a NC. ( THERE'S THAT WE WORD AGAIN.. GLAD A GUY IN BLFD VA OWNS THE SEC) Jealousy is a bi***! ( JEALOUS OF LOSERSSSSSS, NAH DONT THINK SO) Stay in the Big Least and pray one day you get a shot at a NC. (SORRY GOT OTHER THINGS TO PRAY FOR LIKE GETTING OUT OF THIS TRAILOR PARK AND GETTING ME SOME FALSE TEETH) Darn Rutgers was a top team in your confrence and the head coach and team has a losing record over the history of the school.( GUESS THATS WHY THEY DONT COUNT THE WHOLE HISTORY ON HOW YOU ARE RATED EACH YEAR) I can wait a few more years if need be, ( WELL GUESS WHAT YOU DO. YOUR TIDE DONT EVEN HAVE A COACH AND IF THEY DID THEY WOULD RUN HIM OFF CAUSE HE CANT WIN NC'S LIKE YOU DID 12 TIMES WHEN YOU PLAYED THERE)you have been waiting since the 1800s and will be sitting patiently after I am dead.(TRUE I WILL OUT LIVE YOU. CAUSE I DONT SMOKE STUFF, BUT I AINT THAT OLD. I LOVE THE GAME, I WAS BORN IN 62 DIDNT KNBOW WHAT FOOTBALL WAS UNTIL ABOUT 67 OR SO AND JUST LOVE TO SEE MY TEAM PLAY) Grab some tires, throw um on the roof, pop open a cold one and kiss your sister its gonna be a long time. (SORRY DUDE I CAN GET A REAL GF... AND LIKE I SAID YOU TALK ABOUT YOUR FELLOW MAN JUST A FEW MILE ACROSS THE STATE LINE AND ANYWHERE ELSE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT YOU. LOOK OUTSIDE. YOU ARE IN THE AP MTS YOURSELF. HILLS... YOU MY DEAR SIR AM A HILLBILLIE FACE IT) RR left a gold mine for a coal mine. ( IM PROUD OF THE COAL MINES THEY PAY ALOT OF PEOPLES LIVIN AROUND HERE, BTW THEY ARE COAL MINES IN BAMMA TOO. NO GOLD MINES THERE) EIEIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! smirk.gif The BCS only alows the Big Least to keep the bid due to imbalance otherwise throughout the real conferences. ( OR MAYBE CAUSE THEY BEAT UP ON THE ACC AND SEC THIS YEAR) Look it up, but its now the laughing stock (Big Least) of every message board I have looked on.

(CAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO HATE PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN THESE MTS THAT I ACTUALLY LOVE)Go somewhere else and post this nonsense and see how far it gets you.

[/ QUOTE ]( NOT TRYING TO GET ANYWHERE, DONT OWN A BANJO, AINT A REDNECK, AINT RACIST SO I GUESS ILL STAY HERE IN GOOD OLD TAZEWELL VA)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh you gotta overlook the "godfather".....lol....if my team left the big east and joined the acc i would be a jealous guy too! I heard they were trying to merge the WAC and the acc......said something about the acc would be the eastern division...lol.......also, to go one step farther.....if Wake Forest....yes, WAKE FOREST, was my conference's champ....lol.....i'd be furious too! lol.....by the way "fairy godfather" since when did the mafia come to bluefield va?? lol....seriously you dont have to answer that.

"You are simply trying to spin what you say and its so obvious. Who cares if you mean "exclusiviely" or not??

Because it actually changes the meaning of my statement and what you're attempting to argue that I wrote maybe. It would be very obvious the reason key words matter to most people.

If you're to ignore key words, changing the meaning of statements and putting words in people's mouths in doing so, and only consider what's convenint, then there isn't much reason anyone should debate you is there.

"You tried to degrade West Virginia's OOC and Big East schedule and I am defending them."

Doing very poorly at that. It's an obvious attempt at going on the offensive against the other person and other conference schedules and attempting to put them on the defensive instead of proving wv's schedule's worth.

Their schedules degrade themselves. They are what they are,

The fact that big east schools can do nothing to make the big east conference schedule better is an obvious sign of the big east being an easier conference. The only way to have a stronger schedule is to schedule top teams from strong conferences ooc. If wv has done that for other seasons that will matter then, it doesn't presently.

Noone outside of the big east has any more respect for the big east than they did before the season, they're simply surprised that rutgers actually had a flash in the pan successful season, for rutgers anyhow, of course if they were in a stronger conference they would have a lesser record.

As I wrote, what was the big east's biggest ooc victory in '07. ......