GMan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

sounds like he was using bama to get what he wanted at wvu

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I have been saying since the whole thing started. Coach Rod wouldnt leave WVU and if he were to leave he wouldnt have told his players he was staying and he wouldnt have told all the fans either. Coach Rod has too much dignity to stoop as low as Urban Meyer did when he went to Florida! Bama, Thanks But NO THANKS!

Think about it. He had his chance to make more money, go to a program that had a better recruitment and everything else. He obviously did this to put WVU in the spotlight, do you realize how much airtime this whole scenero got? all kinds, and now kids are saying "Well if he turned down bama, they must have a heck of a program up there in Morgantown" He milked this for everything it was worth. Plus he got them to up his pay and get new additions for the football facility. Do you think this all was done intentionally? hell yes i do

[ QUOTE ]

The thing about it, is that WVU kept him this time, but what will happen next time? Next time it'll be Florida State calling him and people close to him have said that's the only job he'd leave WVU for...

[/ QUOTE ]

When you give a school 72 hours to make an offer, forcing their hand and causing them to turn away from other candidates, then turn the offer down after you milk more money from your current school... Other schools stop calling. I hope he really loves WVU because he's stuck there until the fire him.

[ QUOTE ]

He's not stuck there. Why wouldnt anybody else want him? he's one of the best coaches in america. I wouldnt be suprised if in a few years maybe 4-5 that he could go somewheres else. But were bringin in all kinds of talent

[/ QUOTE ]

Read all of what he wrote, not just a single line from it. I believe he explained it very well and he has an excellent point.

[ QUOTE ]

Because he used Alabama. Ask Frank Beamer how many job offers he's had since the UNC fiasco.

[/ QUOTE ]

who wants a 60 year old coach??? rodriguez is only 43! There will be many unsuccessful suitors in the years to come.

The alabama media is who blew this out of the water. They had reports last night that he was there new head coach. When rich heard that, he couldnt believe it and asked where did they come up with that... They just made that up apparently. So for all this to fall back on him is just wrong. Plus not to mention all his ties here are in WV, WVU has a better team than alabama and has better players. Why would you leave and start crappy somewheres new where they demand perfection down there and if you dont beat auburn, then you not good enough. Lets get real now

[ QUOTE ]

Think about it. He had his chance to make more money, go to a program that had a better recruitment and everything else. He obviously did this to put WVU in the spotlight, do you realize how much airtime this whole scenero got? all kinds, and now kids are saying "Well if he turned down bama, they must have a heck of a program up there in Morgantown" He milked this for everything it was worth. Plus he got them to up his pay and get new additions for the football facility. Do you think this all was done intentionally? hell yes i do

[/ QUOTE ]

that is what i was thinking

don't think for a sec. that if wv hadn't met his demands he wouldn't have accepted the alabama offer. $ talks in sports. The fact is his loyalty was for sale to the highest bidder. But that sports these days. It's business, not some publicity stunt. I'm not certain I'd be proud or confident of that if I were a wv fan.

That said it's not sour grapes, wv would likely eventually have more success without him in the bigger scheme, his teams lack d in a big way, they always have, and there's simply not going to be a team earn a title without a really strong d. It would have been a while in transition, but a good coach with a different philopshy might have been able to change that.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

don't think for a sec. that if wv hadn't met his demands he wouldn't have accepted the alabama offer. $ talks in sports. The fact is his loyalty was for sale to the highest bidder. But that sports these days. It's business, not some publicity stunt. I'm not certain I'd be proud or confident of that if I were a wv fan.

That said it's not sour grapes, wv would likely eventually have more success without him in the bigger scheme, his teams lack d in a big way, they always have, and there's simply not going to be a team earn a title without a really strong d. It would have been a while in transition, but a good coach with a different philopshy might have been able to change that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that he went out just to get money for himself. He got money for his assistants and for improvements to the facility. He is a smart man. Also we picked a nice JUCO DB today, he can help us a lot next year.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

a businessman. few of them aren't. unfortunately.

"For the love of the game" is a forgotten phrase anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats what you have to be. Its basically the rich making him richer. The boosters stepped up and paid the money. But most importantly the administration is committed to upgrading each and every facility including a state of the art academic center. So its not like this was a selfish ploy just for himself. Like I stated above WVU has nabbed some nice recruits in the last few days.

it wasn't any ploy, it was a business matter for either school, wv was simply able to make a higher offer than what alabama was willing to.

That said, the herd have had some quality recruits under snyder recently themselves, this is the 1st idea of how he will do as a recruiter and it seems he's making good use of oh st and pa connections. God willing, it will be interesting to eventually see if he's really attempting to bring a tressel ball style to the herd or not, either way, a lot of herd teams of the mid to late '90s through pruett seemed to recruit more from the south, seems snyder is looking more towards oh and pa and northern regions.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

it wasn't any ploy, it was a business matter for either school, wv was simply able to make a higher offer than what alabama was willing to.

That said, the herd have had some quality recruits under snyder recently themselves, this is the 1st idea of how he will do as a recruiter and it seems he's making good use of oh st and pa connections. God willing, it will be interesting to eventually see if he's really attempting to bring a tressel ball style to the herd or not, either way, a lot of herd teams of the mid to late '90s through pruett seemed to recruit more from the south, seems snyder is looking more towards oh and pa and northern regions.

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU didn't offer as much as Alabama. The word is WVU offered 1.75 mil whereas Alabama was offering 2 mil. Marshla sucks

[ QUOTE ]

The thing about it, is that WVU kept him this time, but what will happen next time? Next time it'll be Florida State calling him and people close to him have said that's the only job he'd leave WVU for...

[/ QUOTE ]

FSU or nobody else will call, at least for the next 4 years, due to the 4 million buyout in the new contract. But yeah, I have also heard that he eventually wanted to go to FSU too.