CalPreps Bluefield/Poca Prediction

BeaverBeliever

It's actually a site that will provide the ratings for any state's sports for a fee, not simply an over detailed high school football fan site. Upon reading through the site their ratings formula is not that far off base with the ratings wv uses, it seemed so with how their rankings matched with those from the wvssac, yet according to them, which I actually tend to believe, their ratings are more accurate than the points system that wv and many other states use. States would also have the option of having margin of victory, points scored, ect., factored into their ratings.

Although I haven't seen it in months, about mid way through the season they had strangth of schedule posted, and it seemed very accurate, having bluefield's among the highest in the state, as well as princeton's in aaa. It seemed equally correct with teams that are known to have lesser caliber schedules.

It seemed to me there was no distinction in sos between classifications, maybe that was considering sos pound for pound between all teams. But as for overall power ratings I didn't see them in overall ratings, perhaps I overlooked them, but I didn't read up on that site much in the later weeks.

I did read how they considered southern wv aa teams and bluefield in a coalfield conference.

My guess is that if a state were to pay for their service they'd do a lot more personal research on your state and have some of those things corrected. I think it would be a very good system to use, except for the fact that in myopinion wv's system is already about as good and simple as it gets. Va could certainly benefit from paying cal preps for their service.

What does cal preps have listed in their rankings in aa in va? Where's graham and gretna if you know already?

They rank Gretna #1 in AA Division 3 and Graham #4. I'll provide a link and it'll take you to one of the main pages. If you'd like to get to the ranking go down the list and under the football section click on "National." Afterwards you can select any state in the country...

Interesting to note that Bluefield is rated #901 in the entire country. Which isn't bad considering there are over 15,000 high school teams in the country, according to the website...

http://powerratingsonline.com/

appreciate it. somehow I hadn't seen those overall rankings, they must have changed it from earlier.

They have bluefield rated 3rd in the state behind martinsburg and parkersburg south respectively.

Graham as 30th overall in va. with pc behind them at 31.

Salem 17th,

blacksburg, 15th

william flemming 7th,

gretna, 6th,

gate city, # 51, which might be low.

Radford 57th,

giles 76th,

richlands 90th,

christensburg 95th,

and george wyth 98th,

Other wv teams, they have 1a moorefield and williamstown at 7th and 8th overall resepctively,

princeton 11th,

poca 12th,

westside and mount view, rated 21 and 23rd respectively, oak hill 30th,

james monroe, at 31st,

shadys spring 35th,

iaeger 41st,

wyoming east # 82,

pikeview # 88,

big creek # 94,

montcalm # 109,

I see they have Independence High School in Charlotte ranked #69 in the nation. I live in Charlotte now, transplant from Richlands. I went to watch them last year with Chris Leak at QB, those guys are machines.........

They are a AAAA school. They are on a current win streak of 61 games. In the Charlotte Observer today, they have a little article saying that next year there could be a matchup with Independence and De La Salle out of Concord, Cali. They are ranked #1 and #2 in the nation with Tony Bianco's national ranking. De La Salle has a 150 game win streak. NOW, that's impressive.

I didn't answer one of your questions....They are playing this weekend for 4 straight state championships. But, to be totally honest with you, I'd rather watch a good old smash mouth southwest virginia game anyday !!!!

The Leak brothers were certainly very good for Independence High there in Charlotte. CJ hasn't quite lived up to the hype he had coming out of high school, but Chris is off to a great start at Florida. Are there anymore Leak brothers that'll be going through Independence High?