Bluefield title game

buzzsawBeaver

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how people can say the coaching is so bad, yet last year Simon and his staff turn a 1-3 start into almost a championship season in what was suppose to supposedly be a rebuilding year for Bluefield. What does he do this year? Work his tail off preparing these guys in the offseason for 2003 and it obviously paid off because Bluefield got back to the state championship game for the second season in a row and one bad PAT away from a state title. He must be doing something right if he has gotten Bluefield to five state championship games in nine years. The man is dedicated to these kids, and while his calls are sometimes questionable, you cannot argue about bad coaching with a track record like his. For anyone who thinks they can do better like tom , buzzsaw , or WVUWVUWVU from the Tri-State Preps message board, I welcome you guys to form a coaching staff and take over the Bluefield program. I can almost guarantee that you will not do a better job or even come close to what Simon has done, even if he has only won one out of five state title games.

In fact, I'll probably go up to the high school sometime this week and tell Coach Simon what a hell of a job he did this season and to keep up the good work. I am proud to say that I played under him at one time.

No disrespect to Bluefield's fans,players, and coaches, but instead of putting blame on somebody I think you all need to think about this. I've been a Mount View fan for over 15 years now and we've only been to the title game one time, but we've had the talent to have been to at least 7 itle games, so how would you all feel if Bluefield was in that situation? Be proud of your whole team, but also take time to realize just how good your program is even in losing the game last night, because there are other teams who would've been happy just to be in Wheeling last night whether they won or lost.

Im very proud of you for playing under Freddy, and i call myself a monday morning coach b/c i CANNOT do a better job and ive stated that before..over all simon has done a decent job but tradition is built and continued on WINNING..while you up at the HS ask him to try that next time..ask him to play to WIN, not play to NOT LOSE

Bluefield fans,players etc are not ever happy just going to be the big dance, we all want to be crowned 'Queen of the Ball', not first attendant..we are all still very proud of the program it just needs to be taken to the next level..again

People need to realize that there isn't always someone to blame. Stop making excuses for the players and looking for scape goats. Poca made the plays when they counted unfortunately and we were on the short end of a mishapped PAT, what can you do?

Give the coaches and players a pat on the back and tell them what a hell of a job they did this season because they did exactly that.

It makes me sick to on TSP and see everyone keep bringing up the field conditions, coaches, etc. It gives Bluefield a bad reputation and makes us appear like sore losers. If there is one thing to be learned from all of this, it's that sometimes the ball doesn't always bounce your way. We shall overcome this.

we shall overcome this loss for sure and the ball needs to bounce our way more than 1 outta 5 times...this loss hurts more than any i can remember in a long long time

At least next year looks like Poca won't be back in Wheeling lol. I can't stand the arrogane of their fans not to mention some of them show no class at all. The only team with fans worse than Poca is Scott, which is funny, because they all still believe they were the best team lol.

The thing about it for those question my opinions, is that we're talking about 2 different levels of coaching. I'm talking about whole of the system, not the coaching that goes into this or any1 particular game. You can always look to this player that play as making a difference in a close game, that's not what I've been writing about, although I have responded with my opinions on the smaller aspects of the game.

The whole of the system determines how strong any particular team can and ever will be, and it's the foundation of the program that makes the real difference in the biggest games, and it's that foundation of the program that in my opinion warrants some changes. You're looking at a much smaller picture.

In my opinion titles are earned at the core of the program, which dictates the real strength of a team. The records in the biggest games throughout the seasons support my opinions, whether it's what I or anyone else prefers.

Although I've had thoughts about such matters for some time, I've thought that the bluefield program overall has warranted the benefit of the doubt, and certainly with this team's potential and expectations, a wait and see with this season was in order. But the results are what they are, and it's nothing personal about this group of players, it's about the program. That said, this was an excpetional group of players.

"buzzsaw , or WVUWVUWVU from the Tri-State Preps message board, I welcome you guys to form a coaching staff and take over the Bluefield program."

Is this an offer for a vacated position?

"I can almost guarantee that you will not do a better job or even come close to what Simon has done"

With all due respect, who can say what anyone would do untill they've had the opportunity to do so, and made the effort themselves, and that said, perhaps you don't what you're talking about on a personal level.

I can't guarantee what I could do with the position, but I can guarantee you don't have the 1st idea what I would be capable of in a leadership position or what different direction I or someone else might go with it.

All that said, these are message boards, bluefield played a title game within 24 hours, you can expect posts and conversations, arguments and agreements, about different aspects of the games, again these are message boards. If there was ever a time to talk about a program and talk about it "with actual substance", it's a time like this. And that said, that's exactly what we're doing, nothing that I've read has put poca or their accomplishments down, but we can certainly question and write about our very program. You have to consider the crowd at tristate preps, mostly immature, perhaps that's not the best message board for talking about bluefield itself, but then where is? Here? Who knows.

WHEW... allrighty, we've been back now for several hours and have had a good 24 hours to digest this loss. The brain, fingers and toes are finally starting to get some feeling back into them.

Driving 5 hrs. to a state title game is CRAZY, course Moorefield and Martinsburg probably had longer ones. I'm sorry people but Wheeling to me just does not feel like a part of W.V. I crossed that line at Parkersburg, but what can we do about it? But it was great to go and support our BEAVERS win or lose!

Congratulations to BLUEFIELD & GRAHAM on exceptionally fine seasons and good luck to both of these great programs in the future...

hey beaverbeliever did you see the interview tonight on wvva with coach simmons and if you did can you tell me what he was talking about when he said they didnt deserve it was he talking about the beavers or the dots i could not figure out which he was talking about i hope it was the beavers did not deserve to lose the way they did which i myself hated that it happened that way

i agree with you about a bad snap being a coaches problem and also how come some teams miss handle snaps i good weather graham did this year also it is something that happens and handling a snap in any weather is hard.

Poca thought they could get the one yard needed for the first down. It was 3rd and one and we tried the guard sneak due the linebackr blitzing and then Matt couldnt get it on fourth and one. It was a good defensive stand by the Beavers though

Lets talk about the Mount View fans. They were the ones talking trash to our players and even talking trash to our coaches as they walked thru their stands to the press box. I guess Poca fans can talk the talk since they can walk the walk!!!!! Go Dots

You certainly can't fault poca for doing something positive, I have to respect the fact that for the dots that these things are positives..

I'm just commenting on how a lot of the close games for the dots have gone in '02 and '03. In '02 in the semis, wasn't the keyser rb almost going over the goal line when he fumbled and poca recovered, not certain the situation, but in the last seconds of the game where they would have gone ahead or something like so? And another situation like that the week before against herbert hoover, a fumble around the endzone by herbert hoover when they were getting ready to score and go ahead within the last minute or so in the 4th quarter?

Not to take discredit the dots, good teams make plays and make the most of other teams mistakes, and this has been a good, opportunistic group of players the dots have had for 3 seasons. But only suggesting it seems like they've had a lot of luck with the ball seemingly bouncing their way so often, the way it has been for ohio state in '02 and '03.

They've had exceptional teams, to their credit it just seems like there's a mystique about this group of dots that other teams can't seem to overcome in big games.

Congrats to you all.

Don't get me wrong, Matt is a good player and all but I feel he wasn't the best Poca player on the field Friday night. Fletcher Kinder #45 was everywhere. He scored once, made some good tackles, and returned an INT back to our 3 yard line. I think he is just a Jr.

You are correct. We always find a way to win. This group of seniors have never had a losing season. They won there midget league super bowl three years and won there middle school conference championship and now three state titles in high school. We might not ever go undefeated, but they always win the big one. Poca will be good next year, but maybe not championship calibur, but who knows until the season starts. That is why we play

yes Fletcher is only a junior. He should have got the MVP for Poca. He scored our first touchdown and he also picked up a crucial first down via the pass on that scoring drive. It was like a 21 yard reception. he returned the fumble that set up the tying score and also had like 15 tackles from his LB position. He is pretty good to be so short and he didnt even start for us the first two games. It was one of the moves that was made to make us better and it sure worked out this year. He is also a great kid to be around.