Hello

blacksburgsoccer

Welcome to the SWVASports/SWVAFootball message forums...the soccer board really hops during the spring even though soccer isn't all that popular in this part of VA...yet...

It is picking up in SWVA. I was actually an assistant coach for Graham the first two years they had a team in 1995 and 1996. Southwest District Champs bot years (we were the only team in SWD). What is Graham going to be like this year? Our first two games of the year are against them. On our website we have our schedule posted.

Well, if you listen to the players on this board...no one can beat them. In reality, they'll be lucky to win the SWD and likely won't win a game in the Regionals. For B'burg, it will be no more than a scrimmage...backups will get lots of playing time...may have more competition during an "inter-squad" game...

Graham should have a good team this year...and will probably do better this year than last because of being use to the new coaching style..we have already stared and we hope to have another good year

I play keeper for Graham and you guys will beat us thats for sure....but it will be nice to start out playing a team of your caliber. I've played club soccer and played ODP for WV. I played for New River Soccer Club for a season so i figure ill know a few of you guys.

Graham is going to be a strong team this year...and luck will have nothing to do with getting wins in the district this year...this will be just about the same team as JV two years ago when we only lost to Abingdon...we will be very strong...we have been playing as much as possible with pick-up games and all...we dont think we are invincible...we just think we are going to be good and G-Man we are ready to prove it...

[ QUOTE ]

That is cool that you played for New River. I am now the gpalkeeper coach for NRUSA. I have a goalkeeping camp coming up in February in Blacksburg. We get keepers from all over the state. The website is www.goalkeeping.biz

[/ QUOTE ]

do you run the hands on camps?

The Richlands team is not far off. This year they have their core group of players. They do have some talent and if they work together they could suprise teams and take a few district wins. But, they need all of their players to be commited to soccer and they usually are not. I talked to Romolo(sp) last night and he said he is not playing and he would easily lift that team because he is extremely gifted in soccer

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands is in the SWD right? Well if that is true they could easily win the district.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, they are in the SWD and no they couldn't win the district.

they wont win the SWD, i was just giving them credit and say it wouldnt be too suprising if they upset a team this year in district play. with everyone counting them out already imagine how they will overlook them during the season until richlands shows up and beats them

well thats 2 teams cuz we wont overlook them again. we almost lost the district championship last year because of them and it wont happen again. maybe the team with players keep posting that richlands is a joke and wont win a game in district play might be saying something different after the season