Graham?

ghs84

im not one to complain about refs, i actually think this is the first time i have, but everytime we blocked a shot or did anything it was a foul and they were shootin free throws, which they hit all night... while when we got fouled on the other end repeatedly and hardly got the calls, and when we finally got them they said it was on the floor... realisticly that should of been about a 12 to 15 point win for pulaski, not a 40 point win, id say they probly outscored us just from the free throw line... they might of had 1 or 2 players in double digits, i know no one had over 14 points, but everyone from there team probly had about 8-9points each... not to mention we had 20 walkin and carrying calls called against us, but it wasnt called both ways... when we played bluefield at least they kept there calls consitent for both teams on the walkin...

From what I've read I assume you play for Graham. I don't believe in getting on here and criticizing players. You guys played hard till the end, but what you described was not what I saw. It's difficult to be objective when you are involved in the game or have loyalty to either team, neither of which applies to me. Good luck in the rest of the season.

[ QUOTE ]

im not one to complain about refs, i actually think this is the first time i have, but everytime we blocked a shot or did anything it was a foul and they were shootin free throws, which they hit all night... while when we got fouled on the other end repeatedly and hardly got the calls, and when we finally got them they said it was on the floor... realisticly that should of been about a 12 to 15 point win for pulaski, not a 40 point win, id say they probly outscored us just from the free throw line... they might of had 1 or 2 players in double digits, i know no one had over 14 points, but everyone from there team probly had about 8-9points each... not to mention we had 20 walkin and carrying calls called against us, but it wasnt called both ways... when we played bluefield at least they kept there calls consitent for both teams on the walkin...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you lost by 50 points...no amount of bad officiating can cause that. You were down three touchdowns in the first quarter and only scored double digits in one of the four quarters. Hell, if you really want to know the truth, the score by quarters look like scores from a football game...28-7, 20-17, 16-5 (nice safety), and 22-8. Don't you get it??? We, or at least, I have been trying to tell you for a while now...its going to be a LONG basketball season for Graham...

i will admit im not much on basketball,but Graham needs something.just dont know what.G-Man is right ,its gonna be a short and ugly b-ball season for Graham.maybe the players should go on strike until they can change some things,like a b-ball coach who knows what hes doing would help i believe.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I CAN NOT believe that you just got on here and blamed the refs. YOU LOST BY 50. In no way possible did you lose because of them. Please refrain from blaming losses on anything other than yourself and the team( as a whole, not one player)

last nights game was horrible the refs were not that bad. we just didnt play team basketball. the secound half we went out and it looked like everybody just wanted to shot threes, but we are not as bad as everyone thinks my god look who we have played. we play in that twin valley tournament next wednesday thursday and friday. we should win 2 of those games. then we play marion at home and we should win that game. then we play mount view and bluefield on back to back nights. we might can beat mount view i dont know how good they are. so we wont be that bad. when we start playing district games we will win almost all of them so we wont be bad.

[ QUOTE ]

last nights game was horrible the refs were not that bad. we just didnt play team basketball. the secound half we went out and it looked like everybody just wanted to shot threes, but we are not as bad as everyone thinks my god look who we have played. we play in that twin valley tournament next wednesday thursday and friday. we should win 2 of those games. then we play marion at home and we should win that game. then we play mount view and bluefield on back to back nights. we might can beat mount view i dont know how good they are. so we wont be that bad. when we start playing district games we will win almost all of them so we wont be bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

We aren't "thinking" you're bad...we KNOW your bad...first step to recovery is admitting it...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] how can you say your gonna win games when the games havent even been close?? and besides bassett was 1-3 entering the game and pC was 2-4 entering the game, both teams destroyed graham, i think you're giving too much credit to those teams with losing records

[ QUOTE ]

bassett has played 3 of the top school in the state. they played franklin county the biggest AAA school in the state and only lost by 6 or 7

[/ QUOTE ]

Franklin Co. is far from being the biggest AAA school in the state...

[ QUOTE ]

bassett has played 3 of the top school in the state. they played franklin county the biggest AAA school in the state and only lost by 6 or 7

[/ QUOTE ] they are NOT the biggest school in the state, wake up, how many excuses can u have for losing by 30 and 40 points per game just admit your team isnt any good

I can promise you it is not the coach. He is the most organized and prepared coach in the district. Face the facts you can only play with what the moms and dads send to you. Look no further than the middle school, they do not learn anything there but three pointers. Maybe the parents should look in the mirror before they want to blame someone else for the fault of a team doing bad.

[ QUOTE ]

I can promise you it is not the coach. He is the most organized and prepared coach in the district.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will find a lot of people that disagree with you there, including me, and i played for him.

[ QUOTE ]

The players around the SWD all have one common factor:

No fundamentals!

Bottom line, they were never taught the proper way to "play" the game when they were young.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a slam dunk right there...

it depends on what you call fundamentals. i know at graham, passing, shooting, and dribbling are hammered home. i think that the fundamentals aren't the problem. i think the problem is anything beyond fundamentals. all of the graham players can get into defensive position and slide their feet, but they can't realize when they need to switch on a screen. they can pass, but they don't know when to make the extra pass. they can dribble, but not a one can penetrate.

Fundamentals consist more than just passing, shooting, dribbling, and all that other offensive crap.

There is something called Defense!

There is not a team in this area who knows how to box out, fill the passing lanes, etc.