Baseball

Lance

I must admit...as a kid growing up I was a fan of the Big Red Machine! But once the Bluefield cable system started carrying WTBS, I quickly became a Braves fan...yes, I pulled for them when they sucked before the days of Murphy, Horner, and Chambliss. Gonna miss GM in a Braves uni...

I've been a Braves fan for many years now, but I cannot stand to see AOL/Time Warner continue to take the team apart like they have. If they aren't willing to spend the money to compete then they need to sell the team to someone that will. Atlanta is probably headed for the worst season they've had since 1990 b/c management subtracted more than they added.

I heard he was going to get total control back as part of his deal to get out of AOL...lol...I don't know if thats true or not? There seems to be something going on though...I hope he gets them back to...I remember watching them growing up and absolutly hating the Dodgers...lol....man it's been a while since the Dodgers have had a team worth my hate...lol.

I predict they will finish 3rd this year in the division...the wheels finally came off this off season I think. frown.gif Oh well, they have always been lovable losers smile.gif

3rd sounds about right. The starting rotation will be decent. But the bullpen, with the exception of Smoltz, could be a real problem. The offense will be nothing compared to last year. Especially after JD Drew goes on the DL.

the only reason they did anything last year is because Lopez had a break out year....if not for him they finish 2nd at best...I doubt they will even contend for the wildcard unless someone down on the farm burns it up...never know wtf they have as far as pitchers go, but they have let some good young pitchers go over the years trying to bring in some lumber...I think that starts to show this year...in the past few years they have obviously shown they know the end is near and have made decisions based on that...the rebuild is at hand I think.

• 3 weeks later...

The Braves will win their division again! Lopez had a good year last year because it was a contract year. He will stink in Baltimore. Also, Estrada is a much better defensive catcher. The infield will be solid. It's time for Derosa to show how good a player he is now that he will be in the line up everyday. LaRoche will be a good first baseman as well. As far as the outfield goes: C. Jones, A. Jones, & Drew, not bad. Pitching will be good. Hampton is getting better each year. Maddux is definately a fan fav., but I think either the hitters have him figured out or he's just not as good anymore. He will struggle at Wrigley this year. The bullpen may be the achilles for this team, but I'm sure they will get by. Have faith!! Even if the Braves get the wildcard that wouldn't be so bad seein as how well wildcard teams seem to do in the post-season.