Chances of Richlands having a Winning Season????

twinvallyfan

Guest rhsfanandstudent

Jimmy McGee has to be the worst basketball coach I have ever seen. He has Derek McKnight, the tallest kid on the team at 6'5" and a great defensive player on the bench. He has Caleb Jennings, the fastest kid on the team and another great defensive player. Austin Fuller, great all around player all on the bench.

And he is trying to get the 3 point shoot to much. I was watching the Abingdon game and the inside guy was always open. If he would just look he could see that.

well, thats my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

Jimmy McGee has to be the worst basketball coach I have ever seen. He has Derek McKnight, the tallest kid on the team at 6'5" and a great defensive player on the bench. He has Caleb Jennings, the fastest kid on the team and another great defensive player. Austin Fuller, great all around player all on the bench.

And he is trying to get the 3 point shoot to much. I was watching the Abingdon game and the inside guy was always open. If he would just look he could see that.

well, thats my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

First Off This Is Only His Seconed Season. 2nd Its Going To Take Some Time To Get This Team Working Well Together The Last Time They Were On The Court Was Last Febuary. This Is Calebs First Season On The Team He Is A Great Athlete No Doubt But Why Bench Guys That Have Played For Ya For Years For A Guy Who Has Just Came Out For The Team. And How Can You Say He Is The Worst Basketball Coach You Have Ever Seen Do You Not Remember The Days Of Tom Rife Before He Left. And One More Thing How Can He Stop Shooting The 3 Pointers And How Can He Find The Open Man From The Sidelines he Isnt Out There Playing The Game He Calls The Plays And Expects His Players To Do Them He Cant Help It If His Guys Want To Shoot The Three In My Opinon He Will Be A Great Coach This Season It Will Just Take Some Time.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

well, thats my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

First Off This Is Only His Seconed Season. 2nd Its Going To Take Some Time To Get This Team Working Well Together The Last Time They Were On The Court Was Last Febuary. This Is Calebs First Season On The Team He Is A Great Athlete No Doubt But Why Bench Guys That Have Played For Ya For Years For A Guy Who Has Just Came Out For The Team. And How Can You Say He Is The Worst Basketball Coach You Have Ever Seen Do You Not Remember The Days Of Tom Rife Before He Left. And One More Thing How Can He Stop Shooting The 3 Pointers And How Can He Find The Open Man From The Sidelines he Isnt Out There Playing The Game He Calls The Plays And Expects His Players To Do Them He Cant Help It If His Guys Want To Shoot The Three In My Opinon He Will Be A Great Coach This Season It Will Just Take Some Time.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa you almost capitalized every word

Would the fellow Richlands fan's like to respond to this question? Because I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how this dude doesn't know the difference between football and basketball. Here try an easier one, whats the difference between an apple and a volkswagen? Don't anyone help him here.

I have no idea what this guy is talking about. Just because you can dunk, that makes you a basketball player?? How many real basketball players do they really have???? Yes they have alot of athletes, but at this point in the season they don't have alot of basketball skills. You lose games when you have guys that take shots that they have no real chance of making, miss fouls shot, miss lay ups. At this point in the season they have enough of this to go around. During the last quarter at Honaker last night how many shoots did Barnette or Mulkey get???? At this point in the season they are the only real outside threats, with Clyburne and Null being the only inside threats. I think this team will come together but it is going to take some work and team play by many to make it happen.

I concur. Right now this program is a running wild horse, it just needs the reigns pulled a little harder by the leadership. Now lets rally and play like you have played before. Coach's have yet to miss layup's and fowl shots or even make a bad pass. Yes I typed fowl, because these shots are flying everywhere but in the hoop. So spare me the English lesson. By the way football is over and unless your AL Bundy and content with selling shoe's the rest of your life (Married with Children, ref.), give it a rest and move forward. We are all proud of our Football team, lets act with a little dignity and win some Basketball now.

Our JV team went 23-0 and the first year of Varsity we had a losing season its alot different when you get to Varsity.

Give them a year or two before you start throwing off on the coach..

[ QUOTE ]

I think its funny that these kids all win while they are in JV under Jodi Fuller and once they come up to varsity they go 1-4 and lose. I think that right there should show who is a good coach and who is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Fuller was asked if he would take over the varsity coaching job, but turned it down due to the extra time it would take giving him less time to spend with his very young kids.

to start with, fuller missed there tournament at twin valley (mulkey told me it was cause he had went to texas with his dad i think, might of been somewhere else not sure) but anyways a player that misses the first games unless injury is the reason shouldnt start there next game(s) back, thats not fair to the other kids that were there... he should have to work his way back into the lineup, and they played 3 games in that tournament and he missed them all... i dont know how good of a basketball player he is but i dont care if hes jordan, if he misses he shouldnt start until he has worked his way back (i understand he was outta town but still thats not fair to the players that were there)... honestly i think the coach knows what hes doin, he may not be the best, but the 2 games i watched them play he seemed pretty smart just give him time... and as far as havin there 6'5 guy on the bench and not startin thats a smart move anyways cause all he does is stand at the foul line waving his hand until someone shoots a 3, if he got really agressive and on the scoring end and got on the boards then its a different story, the coach should take extra time workin with him to get him more involved... and as far as jv and varsity goes, both levels are completely different, a lot of schools move there best player(s) off jv up early (why i dont know cause i dont think it helps unless the player is startin or the 6th man)... but give the richlands coach some time and i think he will be a good coach... also remember they just started playin on dec 27th while other teams have been playin since early dec and some since late november that makes a big difference as well...

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands has started 1-4....whats the chances of them having a winning season??? Why cant they bring the winning tradition from Football to Basketball???

[/ QUOTE ]

Why can't twin valley bring their winning tradition from basketball to footbal? I'm sorry i guess you guys would rather play with balls all year around than hit people