graham loses a close game

ghs73

to a very good tunstal team tonight at tazewell. the sad part was the actions of a couple fans from tunstal after the game in the parking lot making threating comments to graham fans as they left and making disparaging comments about the graham basketball team saying that they could not win the game because they are white and white boys cannot win. all i have to say about that is look at grahams record this year speaks volumes for the team not just one kid or another. they played as a team won as a team and lost as a team. that is what highschool sports are about not what the 2 tunstal fans were trying to make it. they only detract from a great win for tunstal tonight. hopefully other tunstal fans will find out about that and let those 2 know how to act a a highschool game. all that being said i am not saying that all the fans were like that by no means were they. the majority of the tunstal fans were excellent tonight. only 2 take away from the game. graham had a excellent year in sports so far. hope they can keep it up for the rest of this year in all sports at ghs

There is much more to the Graham High School Basketball team than what some people see (esp. those on virginiapreps.com ). The Graham High School basketball team does wonders for the community. In addition to bringing great basketball into Graham Middle School for what seemed weeks on end, the G-Men have also done deeds exceeding the call of the game. During the tragedy experienced at Princeton H.S. and Mr. Otey, the G-Men signed a small gift and send it as a token of their thoughts to both the Princeton and Otey famililes. In addition, the G-Men have also taken time from their day at school to read to students at both elementary schools in Bluefield. Also, after every home game, the G-Men would come out of the locker room and greet the fans that stayed to speak with the Champions. Also, the same kids who were read to by the G-Men also looked up to these guys, as many autographs were signed by future stars, on and off the court. Many people only see what happens on a court or on a field as the true colors of a team. This is just one example of a fine athletic club. I am not bragging or blowing smoke up anyones backside, but after reading and taking a beating from fans across Southside and other parts of the state, I felt a need to let the community know that this basketball team, as all students of Graham High School, are true champions. That G-Man pride...you have to love it! The best part, is that our community already knows all of the above! It is the "foreign fan" from other districts and conferences that doesn't understand the pride and maturity of the Southwest District and Graham High School. Wow, do I feel better now! wink.gif

yeah i kinda felt that way after the graham vs grundy game in football last year...I was sad Grundy lost...but I stood there and I thought to myself...man it doesn't get much better than watching these two teams go at it...no matter what happens...

It was a great year...