team from australia......

stubbycurrence

was composed of kids who had already graduated from high school who were touring the usa in hopes of getting a scholarship. My question is how were they allowed to play against high school kids. I checked with the vhsl and they said they could not and would not ever sanction an event of this nature. Can Twin Valley count those games as wins? Or do Richlands and Graham have to count it as a loss? Why would this not be a sanctioned event? How can these games count, if they are not sanctioned as a team with the national high school league? What would be the difference if you went over to play emory's JV team?

[ QUOTE ]

quit whining.....as long as its not a district game, no one should matter. it was good competition for everyone and everyone seemed like they had a good time with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

aint whining i liked the game and am glad it counted cause it was a fun game to play

Since R. E. Lee - Staunton has been playing the Austrailian National Junior Olympic team for several years now and has indeed counted it as a victory in their "famous" 85-game winning streak put to "sleep" by the 'Dogs and has suffered no consequences for continuing to play them (they did however play them in Landover, MD), I would not worry about the VHSL saying anything at this point. However, I would caution any of the teams in Southwest VA from playing them again as the consequences for playing a non-sanctioned game such as that are quite severe and carry stiff penalties should the VHSL become aware of the games. And yes there is ALWAYS the chance that some spoil-sport group of individuals might take advantage of such a situation - especially if their own situation might be improved because of it.

it is not whining. just curious how things happen. why have rules if you do not play by them. fun or no fun, the tournament must be sanctioned by the league, or you risk further damage on down the road. play by your rules and complain later when they bust your tail.

The tournament was sanctioned by the VHSL and it also carried an international sanction due to the Aussies playing. Yes they were seniors but their school year is not complete as of yet. They were on break and actually ended up missing some days of school. They will not be eligible for college ball until JUne.

Just thought that I would clear up the confusion.

All 45 of us that showed up in the stands enjoyed it!!! When it was all said and done I heard you guys made a grand total of $3.76 off of that tournament. Where was the promotion and where was the host (T-valley's) fans? It looked like the Australians had more fans than you all.

your smart.....by the way, richlands is real good in basketball.......you guys compete every year......to have such a good football team and good athletes and numbers you have in your school, you would think you guys would be great in basketball, but year in and year out, not only do you get beat by double a school, but single a schools hand you all losses.....go to the football board and run your mouth, no need for you to on the basketball boards cause you guys cant bring it on the court

Thanks for the compliments in your opening statement. Flatery always wins me over every time. Take two recent year teams and now your the mecca of Southwest Virginia Basketball. Enjoy this year because that well is starting to trickle its way dry. I'm sure your still gloating over your victory in that fiasco you like to call a tournament (so unorganizied). From what I recall we gave you guys all you wanted in that game without one of our better players (fuller). I can't help that our post season in Football carried us deep into our Basketball practice time. It was our second game and maybe we had 2 weeks of practice. But rest assured we will bring it on our next encounter. By the way before last year how long had it been since you won the Black Diamond District? You may need to take your shoes and socks off for this one. Not to mention how many players did you swindle from other schools on that team last year( Grundy, Council). By the looks of your quote you want me to stick to Football because thats our sport and not post here. This means there will be no room for you to post anywhere after this year! I hope your team does well, but their not that good! Post season will open your eyes to this, if they can make it that far.

You need to clear up the article in the paper that states they had already graduated from high school and were all nineteen or twenty. Also they were heading west to play more schools for a chance to earn a scholarship. Two players stated they were staying over here to enroll in college. Either the paper is wrong or you are covering something up.

It's a forum of opinions and yes I have one. I don't know who it is thats making you read my post but tell them to stop forcing you. To be honest, for all I care you could live in Never Never Land. It just seems your affection for T-valley is like my own for Richlands. It's all in good fun and thats that. You don't have to agree with my take on it all, and would hope that you wouldn't. Thats what makes this a fun sparing between fans. But, I think you said it best in one of your earlier post "quit whining". Don't concern yourself with my feelings, and try some pepto bismol for that sick feeling you have. The season has only begun.

well i just saw you dogging someone from grundy in a previous post for no apparent reason, then you get on here and dog tv for no reason so whatever man, i was sayin you dont need to talk trash on here when richlands is never good at basketball.....they have tons of talent, dont get me wrong, but just cant win.......im a fan of the game, i will support any team from the area that is doing good, i supported you guys in football and was actually at most of your alls football games.....i think this area should pull for teams who do well, but posts like you made on the grundy guy about eating at the rainbow was uncalled for....stuff like that is not needed........if richlands was to win the swd and made it to the regionals, i would pull for them....and if you want to know, i have family that plays for tv, but im from grundy, thats why i pull for tv, i attend most of their games only to watch my cousins play

• 3 weeks later...